Saying “Thank You”

November 22, 2012

TO THANK YOU for the life you gave,
I sing and dance, I laugh and pray.
I try to bring honor to your name
by what I think and do and say.
In these, my life is prayer entwined
with all my love.
I hope you find
in this, my purest gratitude.
Through my life, let me thank you!

— India Cable, age 23

- India Cable
devozine, July/August 2005

From “Meaningful Ways to Pray,” page 35 in devozine, the devotional lifestyle magazine for teens. Copyright © 2005 by Upper Room Ministries. All rights reserved. Used by permission. http://bookstore.upperroom.org/ Learn more about or purchase this book.

Share your Thanksgiving Day prayer. Share your thoughts.

Look! He is coming with the clouds; every eye will see him, even those who pierced him; and on his account all the tribes of the earth will wail. So it is to be. Amen.
Revelation 1:7 NRSV

This Week: pray for victims of natural disasters. Submit your prayer to The Upper Room Living Prayer Center or share it in the comment section below.

Do you long for a deeper experience of faith and a place to nourish your spiritual life? The Academy for Spiritual Formation is excited to announce that Academy #35 is coming to the Mercy Center in Burlingame, California and we’re looking for qualified recruits to participate in this life-changing opportunity. Academy #35 begins in January 2013. Applications, brochures and additional details are available at http://Academy.UpperRoom.org.

This week we remember C.S. Lewis (November 12).

Sponsored by Upper Room Ministries ®. Copyright © 2012, a ministry of GBOD | PO Box 340004 | Nashville, TN 37203-0004 | USA

{ 13 comments… read them below or add one }

robert moeller November 22, 2012 at 4:58 am

Very thankful for health, that members of my family are healthy including a baby on the way. Thankful too that we are all making progress in our lives in church, relationships, education, work, career, house search, and hobby, Hope that Christ will be in everyone’s life so that his wisdom will guide us and his love sustain us. I give thanks for the Upper Room that makes this witness possible. May the love, peace, and mercy of Christ be with you all on this Thanksgiving Day. Amen.

While here on the Easy coast of the US life has returned to normal for many, there are still those without electricity, dealing with tough circumstances – no or damaged homes – in need of help with hot meals and showers. Its been a tough two weeks for those impacted by the storm. Thankfully there is hope, help has come, help is being provided, and help will continue. The Lord Jesus Christ is with us always and through his love we come to help our neighbors. Thank you Lord.

Jill November 22, 2012 at 5:37 am

I am thankful for another holiday with my parents and all other family members. My family has been so blessed with good health and the ability to gather together and support each other. Father – may the closeness and joy that we experience today permeate our lives as we reach out to others that cross our paths.

Connie November 22, 2012 at 6:40 am

Thank you, Lord, for letting me be here for another day. I miss all my family that have gone before me. I miss my children and their families who are so far away, but I thank you for their lives and the love they give me. My husband is a wonderful man. I could not ask for more. Amen

Betsy November 22, 2012 at 6:57 am

I have so much to be thankful for, Lord! My health, a roof over my head, my loving husband, my children (who are all home for the holidays). We are so blessed in all aspects of our lives! I continue to be in awe in all the many ways that our Lord has woven in and out of our lives in so many ways. I will continue to be thankful for the grace.

Joan November 22, 2012 at 6:59 am

My faith life would not be nearly as strong nor as rich without the Upper Room publications and all the writers and all the editors and all the graphics folks and all the support that goes into these alive publications. You can’t possibly know the ripples that go out from each article, each issue, each publication. It’s extraordinary. If I need to share a devotion or prepare a small group session, it is to these publications that I turn (and Upper Room isn’t my “church” publishing house). I am so grateful for having bumped into your ministry. Thank you for all you do. I thank God for all of you.

Jay November 22, 2012 at 7:44 am

Father, you have blessed me in so many ways! I give thanks most of all for Your love!! May I continue to draw closer to you and become the man you want me to be. Amen

heidi November 22, 2012 at 9:32 am

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. His love endures– forever.

Praise the Lord. Let everything that has breath praise him.

And should our voices fall silent and still, the very rocks themselves will cry out with praise and thanksgiving, for you alone are worthy.

Peace to all on this Thanksgiving Day. May the table be surrounded with family, with friends– with hungry strangers. The Lord was himself a stranger in this land– and we welcomed him.

Larry Eugene Dyer November 22, 2012 at 9:43 am

Earlier today I learned that my only sibiling who has been missing for over two years was robbed and murdered as a result of an argument, involvling drugs, cars, and money. We are sons of a pastor who lived his belief. My brother was too easily overcome in his choice of friends and environment. He was a help to many but had a throne of the flesh as we all do. So, India your refllection of today speaks not only to our savior and to God but to my brother. Thank God for our very being may we all live in constant realization of God’s love with us throught this life and for eternity.

Larry Eugene Dyer November 22, 2012 at 9:48 am

sorry, Thank God for our very bieng. May we all live in constant realization of God’s love with us throughout this life and for eternity. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Susan King November 22, 2012 at 10:00 am

Today I am especially thankful for the sweet friends of my heart who have long been my family, since my small and precious blood family have all gone on to the next chapter in eternity. I know they are with me – I feel them in the air. So today I will have Thanksgiving in the warm embrace of my family nurse practitioner, who is dear friend and good shepherdess to so many of us from all walks and stations, and who makes a joyful celebration of every day with her life, as India’s poem declares. Thanks be to God for my friends!

Buzz November 22, 2012 at 4:42 pm

Loving God,
Thank You for giving us of Your plenty.
Thank You for giving us the men and women who go in harm’s way to give us safety and security. Give these men and women Your mercy.
Thank You for giving us our salvation in our Christ Jesus.
Amen.

Mary Ng Shwu Ling December 5, 2012 at 6:43 am

I am grateful to the Upper Room ministry staff to conduct the writer’s conference in Singapore a few years back. From there, I discovered the gift of writing and it is a joy to write. I hope that many will be inspired to love God more, to serve God more zealously and to trust God more.

Mary Ng Shwu Ling December 29, 2012 at 8:33 am

I am grateful to the Upper Room ministry staff for conducting the writer’s conference in Singapore a few years back. From there, I discovered the gift of writing and it is a joy to write. I hope that many will be inspired to love God more, to serve God more zealously and to trust God more.