Dear Lord, Thank You

November 23, 2012

DEAR LORD, THANK YOU for all the good things you have provided in my life. I have many blessings that I too often take for granted. I thank you for these and for the many people you have chosen to be with me in life’s journey. I thank you too for those things in my life that you have provided as challenges and trials for me to overcome. I thank you for good health, both physical and mental, and pray that you will continue to bless me. I thank you most of all for your unconditional and eternal love. Amen.

- L.R. DeMarco
Waiting: A Time to Hear God’s Voice

From “Waiting in Personal Thanksgiving” by L. R. DeMarco, page 55 of Waiting: A Time to Hear God’s Voice by Fred Cloud. Copyright © 2009 by Fred Cloud. All rights reserved. Used by permission of Upper Room Books. http://bookstore.upperroom.org/ Learn more about or purchase this book.

Pray today’s prayer of thanksgiving. Share your thoughts.

“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.
Revelation 1:8 NRSV

This Week: pray for victims of natural disasters. Submit your prayer to The Upper Room Living Prayer Center or share it in the comment section below.

Do you long for a deeper experience of faith and a place to nourish your spiritual life? The Academy for Spiritual Formation is excited to announce that Academy #35 is coming to the Mercy Center in Burlingame, California and we’re looking for qualified recruits to participate in this life-changing opportunity. Academy #35 begins in January 2013. Applications, brochures and additional details are available at http://Academy.UpperRoom.org.

This week we remember C.S. Lewis (November 12).

Sponsored by Upper Room Ministries ®. Copyright © 2012, a ministry of GBOD | PO Box 340004 | Nashville, TN 37203-0004 | USA

FacebookTwitterGoogle+PinterestRedditTumblrWordPressShare

{ 9 comments… read them below or add one }

robert moeller November 23, 2012 at 2:52 am

Yes, Lord, yes. I thank you for all that you have given me. I’m very thankful to have you in my life for without you I am like the leaves on the vine that blow away when the first frost comes. May I always abide in you. In Jesus name I pray. Amen

Help those who are still without electricity, homes, hot meals, clean clothes, and showers. Be with them, that they will know you and your love. Through your love, help and guide us to do your will and provide the care they need. In your name, Lord, I pray.

Juliette November 23, 2012 at 10:45 am

Happy Belated Thanksgiving! Everyday is a day for thanks giving! Praise God from whom all blessings flow.

My husband and I had a wonderful Thanksgiving with our two sons! One son’s girlfriend was with us, which was nice.
I pray for the day when my DIL can release her need to not interact with us and joins us again. That is something for which we have to rely on God. Please pray for this with us and for us.

Juliette

God bless and keep all of us.

heidi November 23, 2012 at 12:09 pm

Juliette, my prayer ascends with yours, that your family might find its way back to wholeness.

Buzz November 23, 2012 at 2:56 pm

Juliette,
My prayers go with you to the depth you want and need.

heidi November 23, 2012 at 12:09 pm

This prayer could have arisen from my own lips. perfect. Thanks be to God in all things.

Buzz November 23, 2012 at 2:57 pm

O God,
Thank you for all things – ALL things.
Amen.

Michael Ulmen November 23, 2012 at 3:25 pm

Yes, I have many blessings from GOD, and at times it is easy to think of GOD as a Santa Claus, But GOD isn’t co- dependent, and there are times when I pray for something and I don’t get it. At these times I can usualy see that GOD doesn’t give it to me, because HE has something better for me, even though I frequently will have to do something to get that better answer to my prayer.

Mary Ng Shwu Ling December 29, 2012 at 8:39 am

Today I am thankful to God for his creation. Went to garden by the bay and saw many beautiful Christmas trees, flowers, etc. And also for the fine weather.

private charter jet May 20, 2013 at 4:13 pm

charter private flight charter aircraft hire private jets private jet for charter personal jet charter charter a private jet