God Never Leaves Us

November 29, 2012

GOD, LET US COUNT the ways you never leave us. Your Light of Day greeted us this morning. The smell of life filled our nostrils with the crisp, chilly air of a new day. The melody of gently crackling leaves whispered your love in our ears. These are among the Good Morning gifts we thank you for. You have given us another day in your Precious Presence.

Come what may this day: angry traffic, angry words, paved roads, paved ways, we will praise your Holy Name! And so we greet you this day with shouts of joy and thanksgiving. Amen.

- Sherri Dobbs Johnson.
The Africana Worship Book: Year A

By Sherri Dobbs Johnson, from page 77 of The Africana Worship Book: Year A, edited by Valerie Bridgeman Davis and Safiyah Fosua. Copyright © 2006 by Discipleship Resources. Used by permission. http://bookstore.upperroom.org/ Learn more about or purchase this book.

What reminds you of God’s presence this morning? Share your thoughts.

To you, O LORD, I lift up my soul. O my God, in you I trust; do not let me be put to shame; do not let my enemies exult over me.
Psalm 25:1-2 NRSV

This Week: pray for those who struggle to forgive. Submit your prayer to The Upper Room Living Prayer Center or share it in the comment section below.

It’s not too late to join Upper Room eLearning for this year’s online Advent retreat, Singing Mary’s Song: An Advent Message of Hope and Deliverance. Daily meditations, audio readings, and online small group discussions will take us from December 3 – December 29 (eRetreat classroom opens November 30) all from your computer. Join in anytime from anywhere you have Internet access. Learn more.

This week we remember Sister Dorothy Kazel (November 12).

Sponsored by Upper Room Ministries ®. Copyright © 2012, a ministry of GBOD | PO Box 340004 | Nashville, TN 37203-0004 | USA

FacebookTwitterGoogle+PinterestRedditTumblrWordPressShare

{ 6 comments… read them below or add one }

Jill November 29, 2012 at 3:11 am

The quietness of the morning reminds me of God’s presence…the stillness. I was thinking about that stillness – as opposed to the early morning hours during the summer – when the birds are awakening and beginning their choruses. In both settings, I am able to still myself before Him.

robert moeller November 29, 2012 at 4:17 am

Its almost dawn, you can see very faint patches of snow here and there, cold outside, I’m awake capable of seeing this, Its quiet. Certainly a less busy time that makes it easier for me to focus on God. The only distractions are my wandering thoughts. I try to focus on God. I’m thankful for this time. Like Joshua I am with nothing on my feet.

Lord help all of us to forgive as you do knowing that when we do you forgive us. Its not just some who have a hard time to forgive, we all have this problem. With the Holy Spirit and Christ in us we can overcome the difficulties we have and love as you love. Thank you for the grace that enables us to do this. In Jesus name, Amen.

Buzz November 29, 2012 at 8:17 am

I know the presence of God when I awake in the middle of the dark night sensing God’s presence in my bedroom. I sense that God has been hovering here for some time in God’s softly glowing light. The Loving Presence of God’s Light amps up just a little as I become more fully awake. Just for a few minutes before I sleep again. I hear God’s still small voice whispering in my ear. Nothing in particular. Everything in God’s realm that I will need to know today. Some times God’s voice is very realistic; some times not so much. I am so very blessed. Praise God!

heidi November 29, 2012 at 9:04 am

Last night, i was driving east to church for choir practice. There in the sky, the full moon hung gloriously, and off to its left was a single star– or planet– I don’t know. The cloud came and went, hid and revealed, but the moon and that star stayed steady.

This morning, I got up as I often do, and stood in the dark early morning and gazed out to the west, from my landing window.

There it was again, that perfect full moon, now framing Venus, the evening star. No clouds this morning, just steady Presence washing the land with milky light.

Morning by morning, new mercies I see. . . .

robert moeller November 30, 2012 at 5:07 am

Saw that moon with the clouds coming and going, beautiful. Its been like that for all my years.

Elbertine December 22, 2012 at 2:13 am

I needed to read this post today! I have four kdoids 10, 8, 5 and 17 months. My hubby is a pastor getting ready to go back to school part time to get his Master’s We just bought a new house I’m starting homeschooling next year I have been feeling a little overwhelmed. It is good to read encouraging words like your recent post. You are an example of godly motherhood! Thank you. Recently, my 17 month old little guy brought me a book (from a packed box) and handed it to me. It was The Power of a Praying Parent. You better believe I opened it right then and started praying for my kdoids. Out of the mouths of babes you have ordained praise Tina