“Peace. Be Still.”

January 7, 2013

IMAGINE GOD speaking these words to you:

PEACE. BE STILL. And the winds obeyed.
Be now as the winds.
You are my child.
I knew you long before you were knit in your mother’s womb.

Peace. Be still. My breath brings form to dust.
You were created a little lower than the angels,
created in my image.
You are my child. Peace. Be still.

Be as these winds, exhaled.
Wait on me, and I will give you rest.
The ninety-nine I would leave to find you.
The fall of a sparrow catches flight in my loving eye.

With my words, the worlds were.
My voice is small, still.
The waters know the sound of my voice and are stilled.
Wait on me, be renewed, and rise.

- by Mark Dugger
devozine, November/December 2012

From page 12 of devozine, the devotional lifestyle magazine for teens. Copyright © 2012 by The Upper Room. All rights reserved. Used by permission. http://bookstore.upperroom.org/ Learn more about or purchase this book.

In what area of your life do you need God’s peace? Share your thoughts.

For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. I give Egypt as your ransom, Ethiopia and Seba in exchange for you..
Isaiah 43:3, NRSV

This Week: pray for those young children. Submit your prayer to The Upper Room Living Prayer Center or share it in the comment section below.

Caring volunteers are available to pray with you. Call 1-800-251-2468 or request prayer online. The Upper Room Living Prayer Center receives 500 prayer requests each day and prays for each request by name and need.

This week we remember Emily Balch (January 11).

Sponsored by Upper Room Ministries ®. Copyright © 2012, a ministry of GBOD | PO Box 340004 | Nashville, TN 37203-0004 | USA

FacebookTwitterGoogle+PinterestRedditTumblrWordPressShare

{ 9 comments… read them below or add one }

Larry Eugene Dyer January 7, 2013 at 3:53 am

Oh God we pray tlhat we might have a small piece of the Great PEACE WHICH PASSES ALL UNDERSTANDING. Be with us and guide us this day as we seek to do your will bringing true PEACE to all humanity. May we always be atuned to your desires for ourselves and the world. Bless us as we live for you today and always. Amen

Jill January 7, 2013 at 4:08 am

Those words were just perfect for my heart this morning. Peace, be still. Father – might Your presence go with me today, back to school. We lost a staff member over break – and today will be a difficult day at school. This staff member was very much involved with the kids – each freshman taking a semester course with him. So – virtually all students will be impacted. He was a coach as well. Calling hours are this evening and funeral tomorrow. Father – give the counselors wisdom and tenderness as they help the students through this. And, also Father, help us – the teachers, who are also grieving – help the grieving, questioning students. Indeed – we will all need that sense of peace. Father – thank You that the family has a sense of peace, as he was one of Your children.

Betsy January 7, 2013 at 6:05 am

Jill,
I know your staff is grieving. I know what it is to be connected with a group of teachers. You are a family that shares a very special connection. I will be praying for you all and your students today; the family at tomorrow’s service.

heidi January 7, 2013 at 7:44 am

Peace, Jill. Be still.

It will be all right. But right now– it is all right if it is NOT all right.

Peace. Be still. Prayers surround you and the staff.

robert moeller January 7, 2013 at 4:21 am

God’s peace is perfect. Yes, may it be with everyone, may they be still and acknowledge its presence. Yes, Jill these week will be a tough one without a fellow teacher, but with God’s presence in you, students and teachers will find support and peace. I pray for the students who will have to deal with a loss early in their lives. In times like these I am thankful that God gave us the opportunity to know the person.

May children know you Lord, may they grow up in your love. Help us to teach them about you, that your kingdom will come on earth as it is in heaven. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

Larry Eugene Dyer January 7, 2013 at 7:42 am

nity. We can depend on the power of God forever and ever !

Larry Eugene Dyer January 7, 2013 at 7:47 am

Amen and Amen……………………..

Mary Ng Shwu Ling January 7, 2013 at 6:51 pm

Jill, praying that the peace of God be with you and the kids. May the holy spirit comfort all of you during this time of grieving.

Father God, in your will is our peace.

annette livingston August 21, 2013 at 10:35 am

I need peace in my home and my job but mainly my home. I have been married 20yrs and it is going downhill. He is not the man that I married 20yrs ago and I can’t seem to get anything across to him.