Metronome

January 20, 2013

BE MY metronome, Lord.
Set the tempo for my life.
Help me to be steady,
completely synchronized
with your heavenly rhythm,
from the first beat
to the last,
always mindful of the
constancy and accuracy
of your divine timing.
–Sharon Dyer

- Sharon Dyer

devozine, Jan-Feb 2013

“Metronome” by Sharon Dyer, page 13 in devozineJanuary/February 2013, the devotional lifestyle magazine for teens. Copyright © 2012 by The Upper Room. All rights reserved. Used by permission. http://bookstore.upperroom.org/ Learn more about or purchase this book.

Pray today’s prayer. Share your thoughts.

…and said to him, “Everyone serves the good wine first, and then the inferior wine after the guests have become drunk. But you have kept the good wine until now.”
John 2:10, NRSV

This Week: pray for those you find difficult to love. Submit your prayer to The Upper Room Living Prayer Center or share it in the comment section below.

Caring volunteers are available to pray with you. Call 1-800-251-2468 or request prayer online. The Upper Room Living Prayer Center receives 500 prayer requests each day and prays for each request by name and need.

This week we remember Anthony of Egypt (January 11).

Sponsored by Upper Room Ministries ®. Copyright © 2012, a ministry of GBOD | PO Box 340004 | Nashville, TN 37203-0004 | USA

{ 6 comments… read them below or add one }

Mary Ng Shwu Ling January 20, 2013 at 2:35 am

Father God, may you be my metronome so that I am completely synchronized with your divine timing.

robert moeller January 20, 2013 at 3:12 am

Lord, I am grateful for the constancy of your rhythm in my life. I want and need your guidance and turning to you its always there. You speak to me through music and that is a wonderful sustaining experience.

Lord I reached out to a family member I haven’t seen or communicated with in almost 8 years. I hope for the best.

Thank you for the opportunity to see my first grandchild, Willa. It was a very special day to see her two hours after she was born. Jenny and Chris, her parents, are doing well and Willa will be well cared for.
I got to hold her and am thankful that somehow her grandmother in heaven knows Willa is here. Blest be the tie that binds our hearts in Christian love. In your name I pray, Lord, Amen.

Jill January 20, 2013 at 4:19 am

When I saw the title of this – I thought “My True North”. Father – I so often need to re-callibrate. Thank You for Your constancy…Your steadfastness. Continue to catch me where I am and bring me to where You want me to be.

Mary Ng Shwu Ling January 20, 2013 at 4:34 am

Congratulations Robert on being a grandpa!

May this grandchild bring much joy and love to your family!

Betsy January 20, 2013 at 7:32 am

This morning I lift up prayers to the Team members and caterpillars attending the Chrysalis Flight this weekend at our church. May they be blessed by Your grace and feel your presence over these 72 hours.

Great blessings to you, Robert, on becoming a new grandpa!

Carol January 20, 2013 at 12:56 pm

You ask for thoughts: Well there are many times, certainly in my own life, when I feel completely “stuck”. But then I remember how God has not only seen me through but has given me understanding and insights over the years. He won’t stop and I won’t falter in my faith for He is with me no matter what.