Everything a Gift

February 7, 2013

EVERYTHING I HAVE IS A GIFT from God. If God nudges me to give those gifts to another, I can trust there is a good reason even if I never understand what it is. We cannot control how people will respond to our love and compassion; we can only believe that our love will not fail.
–Koni Pfeiffer Atencio

- Alive Now, Sept/Oct 2007

From page 24 of Alive Now, September/October 2007. Copyright © 2007 by The Upper Room. All rights reserved. Used by permission. http://bookstore.upperroom.org/ Learn more about or purchase this book.

Is there a time when you have persevered in love? Share your thoughts.

Since, then, we have such a hope, we act with great boldness, not like Moses, who put a veil over his face to keep the people of Israel from gazing at the end of the glory that was being set aside.
2 Corinthians 3:12-13, NRSV

This Week: pray for people new Christians. Submit your prayer to The Upper Room Living Prayer Center or share it in the comment section below.

Happy 75th anniversary, El Aposento Alto!
This year, the Spanish language edition of El Aposento Alto celebrates its 75th anniversary. Congratulate the editors and the community in the comment section on the web: http://elaposentoalto.upperroom.org/es

This week we remember Rabanus Maurus (January 30).

Sponsored by Upper Room Ministries ®. Copyright © 2012, a ministry of GBOD | PO Box 340004 | Nashville, TN 37203-0004 | USA

FacebookTwitterGoogle+PinterestRedditTumblrWordPressShare

{ 6 comments… read them below or add one }

Jill February 7, 2013 at 3:32 am

I think that we are always called to persevere in love – that is what Christ did. All of His actions were based on love. To be long suffering. To be a CHRISTian in this world – we need His love at the foundation. My love is too often conditional – but when I allow His love to radiate (thus cleaning up my selfish love) – that is when I am at my best for Him.

robert moeller February 7, 2013 at 3:41 am

Yes, I persevere in love with my son who has had a tough life and yet through it is accomplishing a goal that will help him immensely.

Lord, I pray for all who are about to become Christians and for new Christians, may they be like the seed that found fertile ground and grow bearing fruit 30, 60, or even 100 times more. I pray for my children raised in a Christian home but now with little or no faith and I pray for my granddaughter that she will come to know you and accept your precious gift. In your name I pray, Amen.

Betsy February 7, 2013 at 6:07 am

I also pray that my grown children, one who is soon marrying, will turn back to the church. Also, my brother, who has endured many health and financial struggles, will find strength in a Christian community. I pray for a group of 13 of our church family who are planning a mission trip in the summer to Belize. May they many ways to show the love of Christ to others in a hurting world. Amen

Joy February 7, 2013 at 7:53 am

I am persevering in loving my 13yo daughter with mental illness. She has gone to live with her dad and wants nothing to do with me.

Buzz February 7, 2013 at 1:41 pm

Joy,
You are not alone in your persevering love for your daughter. My 3 daughters chose to have nothing to do with me over 25 years ago. Just keep praying for them. It’s all we have. At the same time they couldn’t have a better gift from us.

Joy February 7, 2013 at 4:25 pm

That was a beautiful way to describe prayer. Thank you.