God, You Hear Me

March 14, 2013

YOU HEAR ME, O GOD. You know my voice. You see my heart. Help me to pray, not so much to convince you of who I am and what I need but to help me understand who I am and what I need. And in my understanding, help me to be caring and concerned for others and for this world so loved by you. Amen.

- John Indermark
Traveling the Prayer Paths of Jesus

From page 59 of Traveling the Prayer Paths of Jesus by John Indermark. Copyright © 2003 by John Indermark. All rights reserved. Used by permission of Upper Room Books. http://bookstore.upperroom.org/ Learn more about or purchase this book.

Pray today’s prayer. Share your thoughts.

Those who go out weeping, bearing the seed for sowing, shall come home with shouts of joy, carrying their sheaves.

Psalm 126:6, NRSV

This Week: pray those searching for God. Submit your prayer to The Upper Room Living Prayer Center or share it in the comment section below.

Need a Spiritual Retreat? Join us at SOULfeast, the Upper Room’s spiritual retreat at Lake Junaluska Conference and Retreat Center in the beautiful Smoky Mountains, July 14-18, 2013. Come discover how, as the Holy Spirit washes over us, this powerful presence brings us alive to God, community, transformation, and missions in the here and now. For more information, visit soulfeast.upperroom.org.

This week we remember Patrick of Ireland (March 17).

Sponsored by Upper Room Ministries ®. Copyright © 2013, a ministry of GBOD | PO Box 340004 | Nashville, TN 37203-0004 | USA

{ 7 comments… read them below or add one }

Jill March 14, 2013 at 3:27 am

My Shepherd knows my voice – and knows where I need to go. Father – thank You for Your faithfulness. You reveal things to me at the perfect time, in the perfect amount. That is grace.

robert moeller March 14, 2013 at 3:47 am

How could any believer not want what is in this prayer? I am very thankful that God is always there and wants a relationship with us.

Lord I pray for those too busy to pray and for those searching for you.
Two different spectrums, those distracted by the world, and those who realize that You are most important. May the distracted change course and may those searching be fulfilled. In Your name I pray. Amen.

Thank you Lord, Erich, is back studying and things are going well, yes, a little struggle here and there, but generally going well.

Get the facts May 22, 2013 at 10:59 pm

I quite like reading through an article that will make men and
women think. Also, thanks for permitting me to comment!

Dana July 29, 2013 at 4:41 am

My spouse and I stumbled over here by a different web page and thought I should check things out.
I like what I see so now i’m following you. Look forward to checking out your web page yet again.

Arletha August 1, 2013 at 8:46 am

Hey there! This is kind of off topic but I need some guidance from an established
blog. Is it very hard to set up your own blog? I’m not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty fast. I’m thinking about setting up my own
but I’m not sure where to begin. Do you have any tips or suggestions? Thank you

www.antiquiet.com August 2, 2013 at 8:44 pm

Hi! I could have sworn I’ve been to this website before but after browsing through some of the post I realized it’s new to me.
Anyhow, I’m definitely delighted I found it and I’ll be book-marking and checking back often!

Check This Out November 22, 2013 at 5:09 pm

Thanks with regard to providing this sort of superior info.