Prayer for Reconciliation

RECONCILING GOD, I don’t like to believe that I actually have enemies, but I acknowledge that I am not in the best of relations with all my friends and acquaintances. I’m thinking today of ( ). Today I accept Jesus’ command to “love your enemies” as applying to this person. Forgive me where I have failed to be a neighbor. Guide me into wys of living that will make our relationship more like what you want it to be.

As I do this close to home, I turn my heart to the nations of the world, asking that even though I live in a world where I’m told I have “friends” and “enemies,” that I will reject such an evaluation in favor of realizing that, in Christ, I only have “brothers” and “sisters.” I ask this in Jesus’ name. Amen.

– Steve Harper
A Pocket Guide to Prayer

From A Pocket Guide to Prayer by Steve Harper. Copyright © 2010 by Steve Harper. All rights reserved. Used by permission of Upper Room Books. http://bookstore.upperroom.org/ Learn more about or purchase this book.

Pray today’s prayer. Share your thoughts.

O send out your light and your truth; let them lead me; let them bring me to your holy hill and to your dwelling.

Psalms 43:3, NRSV

This Week: pray for those who feel overwhelmed by life. Submit your prayer to The Upper Room Living Prayer Center or share it in the comment section below.

Need a Spiritual Retreat? Join us at SOULfeast, the Upper Room’s spiritual retreat at Lake Junaluska Conference and Retreat Center in the beautiful Smoky Mountains, July 14-18, 2013. Come discover how, as the Holy Spirit washes over us, this powerful presence brings us alive to God, community, transformation, and missions in the here and now. For more information, visit soulfeast.upperroom.org.

This week we remember:
(June 18).

Sponsored by Upper Room Ministries ®. Copyright © 2013, a ministry of GBOD | PO Box 340004 | Nashville, TN 37203-0004 | USA

• rosslyne June 20, 2013, 1:33 am

Today I feel so cramped up with hatred anger n frustrattion..why me..why my little girl..as a parent I would like to have the answers! N I feel so helpless n blame myself for what happened..today is too much Lord..please release the awfull thoughts and emoptions..I’m just so tired..today I’m weak..exhausted!! Please Jesus I pray this in your name Amen!

• Gary June 20, 2013, 8:44 am

Such a deeply wounded spirit! I’ve put your name in my Prayer Journal for the next 30 days. GOD bless.

• robert moeller June 20, 2013, 2:25 am

Lord knows I don’t want to have enemies and don’t try to make any, yet there is still more that God wants me to do. May I understand and do it.

Lord, help me help those who feel overwhelmed today and everyday. Thank You for an unexpected but very helpful blessing yesterday. Anneliese and I have a lot to do over the next few days, help her with her pain. Guide me as I help Erich find a place to live that is closer to us. Be with Mom that she may enjoy each day. Thank You for always being present, in Your name I pray. Amen

• Jill June 20, 2013, 6:18 am

Father – fractured relationships are so painful. Thank You for showing me that proper friendships are a fruit of a proper relationship with You, first and foremost. Now that I have that correct, continue to grow in me an unselfish attitude and genuine love for others. You amaze me and I love You.

Be with others as they try to mend relationships. May they seek You first.

• Gary June 20, 2013, 8:51 am

Loving & Almighty GOD,
    Help me keep my “eyes on the prize” which is Your love.
    In the most holy & precious name of our Savior Jesus. Amen.

• Jeanette Kuhns June 20, 2013, 8:54 am

According to one reckoning, no one on the planet is any further relation than 55th cousin. When we say brother and sister, we are talking in a metaphorical way, but we say cousin, we speak the truth. There is no “them”, there is only “us”.

• Mary Ng Shwu Ling June 22, 2013, 9:52 am

Recently, with the haze over here in Singapore, it has reached PSI (pollutant standards index) 401 which is hazardous for us to breathe in the air. We had difficulty breathing and I was feeling resentful towards the farmers in Indonesia who were clearing their land by burning without thinking about the consequences it will affect the neighboring countries. I prayed that God would remove the resentment in me, forgive them though I do not know them personally and reconcile us so that should I see an Indonesian on the street, I do not resent him/her.