Ideas for Prayer

July 19, 2013

• NEVER SAY you hate someone.
  • Try to do something for Jesus every day and thank him in all things.
  • At every meal, pray for everyone who has made that meal possible. (For example, if you have corn, pray for the farmer who grew it.)

–Jessica Borchert, age 12, Tennessee (USA)

- Pockets, May 2013

From “Family Rules Contest Winners,” page 20 in Pockets: For Kids Who Love God, May 2013. Copyright © 2013 by The Upper Room. All rights reserved. Used by permission. http://bookstore.upperroom.org/ Learn more about or purchase this book.

What would you add to your prayer list? Share your thoughts.

It is he whom we proclaim, warning everyone and teaching everyone in all wisdom, so that we may present everyone mature in Christ.

Colossians 1:28, NRSV

This Week: pray for families vacationing together. Submit your prayer to The Upper Room Living Prayer Center or share it in the comment section below.

Happy 75th anniversary, El Aposento Alto!
This year, the Spanish language edition of El Aposento Alto celebrates its 75th anniversary. Congratulate the editors and the community in the comment section on the web: http://elaposentoalto.upperroom.org/es.

This week we remember:
Bonaventure
(July 15).

Sponsored by Upper Room Ministries ®. Copyright © 2013, a ministry of GBOD | PO Box 340004 | Nashville, TN 37203-0004 | USA

{ 9 comments… read them below or add one }

robert moeller July 19, 2013 at 3:15 am

There is so much you can pray about, I’m very thankful that things are going well, I feel God has had a hand in the work we are doing to restore a townhouse so someone can live there. Yesterday were were able to help feed the hungry and we plan to do more. Some wonderful progress is being made in Congress as legislators avoid labels. Thank You Lord for many blessings. In Your name I pray. Amen.

robert moeller July 19, 2013 at 3:24 am

Good friends are vacationing today, Lord, they travel three hours to their destination and another three hours home. May they have a safe trip and may all go well on their vacation. Be too with those who are vacationing whom I do not know, may their faith in You be encouraged.
Thank You Lord that we have vacation time and may You always be included. In Your name I pray, Amen.

Jill July 19, 2013 at 5:26 am

Lord, lead me in Your righteousness.

Mary Ng Shwu Ling July 19, 2013 at 6:19 am

I pray when I shop for the groceries, meeting friends for lunch, new believers and their families, elderly patents, when traveling from one place to another, when reading the news, even when I reflect, I ask for God’s guidance and renewal.

Thank you Father God for we can talk to you about anything and while we are doing something we can also commit the task into your hands, asking for your blessings in the things we do, seeking your guidance in our plans, inspiration for our writings. Thank you God that we can communicate with you so conveniently in prayer.

Jay July 19, 2013 at 8:03 am

Pray to clearly see all the things that unite us each as children of God.

Betsy July 19, 2013 at 8:16 am

Always begin your prayers with gratitude; all the things that are blessings in your life. With that mindset, you can become focused on what is important as you bring your needs to God.

Mary Ng Shwu Ling July 19, 2013 at 8:34 am

Strongly agree:)

Edy July 19, 2013 at 9:29 am

I agree with beginning prayer by thanking Him. I try to remember the following acronym. ACTS. Acclimation, confession, thanksgiving and supplication . Also before speaking remember THINK! Is it Thoughtful? Is it Helpful? Inspiring ? Necessary? Kind?

Steve B. July 22, 2013 at 3:05 pm

I have heard of the first acronym, but the “A” stood for “Adoration” in the one I learned. Thank you for writing the “THINK” acronym. That one is new to me and I really like it!