Peace in God’s Presence

LIVING THROUGH SEASONS of life, times of winter and times of spring, I find peace in discovering that even before I was created God knew every part of me … and of all that breathes life. Knowing we are of God gives us zeal and energy to do what might seem impossible.

The Upper Room Disciplines 2010

From “Called to Stand Upright” by Beth Cooper, page 241 in The Upper Room Disciplines 2010 Copyright © 2009 by Upper Room Books. All rights reserved. Used by permission. http://bookstore.upperroom.org/ Learn more about or purchase this book.

Give thanks to God for God’s abiding presence. Share your thoughts.

No one has ever seen God. It is God the only Son, who is close to the Father’s heart, who has made him known.
John 1:18, NRSV

This Week: pray for someone beginning a good habit. Submit your prayer to The Upper Room Living Prayer Center or share it in the comment section below.

In need of prayer? The Upper Room Living Prayer Center is a 7-day-a-week intercessory prayer ministry staffed by trained volunteers, call 1-800-251-2468 or visit The Living Prayer Center web site.

This week we remember: Melania the Younger (December 31).

• Mary Ng Shwu Ling January 3, 2016, 1:27 am

Almighty God, we give thanks to you for your abiding presence. Thank you that you are always with us through the Seasons of our lives. Thank you for giving us zeal and energy to do what might seem impossible.

As we begin our work in the new week ahead, may you lead and guide us to walk in your ways and in our lives, may you be glorified!

• Jill January 3, 2016, 4:46 am

Father – thank You for Your Presence through each and every season. You are the Author of my path. I take comfort in knowing that You see all the curves ahead, the road blocks, the obstacles, as well as the scenic views and that You will be with me every step. Might I walk boldly where You call.
    So grateful for church today. While it has only been last week – it seems like longer. Grateful for a small family gathering for my great nephew’s birthday party last night. I usually miss it due to traveling during break, but was able to attend this year. Grateful to get tasks done yesterday around the house as I get ready to get back into “school mode”.

• robert moeller January 3, 2016, 6:46 am

That God was there before I was created, knew of, and caused my creation is a very amazing truth and reality. Thank You, Lord. Without You, there is no life, with You there is abundant life even on days when things don’t seem to be going so well. We make it through valleys and over mountains because the Lord is with us.

Thankful for a trip to see Jenny, Chris, Willa and Oona, glad to have been able to help, and come home safely. Thankful the mice problem is being resolved, the mailbox back in place after the snow plow knocked it off, the car port has cars under it after the trash was picked up. Hope all goes well with today’s dinner for Heidi, Paul, Brandon, and Logan.

Grateful for new positive habits being formed. Glad today is Sunday and we’ll go to church. Prayers for students, teachers, parents, and staff as school resumes. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.

• Rusty January 3, 2016, 8:12 am

Thank you, gracious Lord, that you abide with us – always – through thick and thin. May we truly understand what that means and endeavor to shape our own lives accordingly. Grant that we may serve you in unity, constancy and peace.

Grateful for this new day. Grateful for worship today. Grateful, Lord, that you have enabled me to pass the baton of leadership of our church Men’s Group to worthy successors. May they feel confidence and your abiding presence as they lead their first meeting today.

• April January 3, 2016, 10:39 am

Thank you Lord for the opportunity to attend church today on the first Sunday of the year 2016. The gift of being a Christian, to let go of the past and start again.
    Rusty, it is wonderful to hear that you have lead your Men’s group and prepared new leaders to take the baton of leadership. And you are praying for them in their new roles. To me, this is such a great example of what God wants us to do in the world….lead, teach, pray for those who will continue the circle of leading, teaching, praying…
    As I read the stories of others in their walks through the seasons of life, I feel change is coming for them and me. Lord of wisdom, guide our lives. Strengthen us to make changes knowing that You are alongside us. May we hear you say, “Fear Not, Be Joyful, Rejoice always….”
    Blessings to All …Amen.

• Rusty January 3, 2016, 10:29 pm

Thanks, April, for your kind words and encouragement. Yes, please God, I pray that circle April describes will keep going. If this morning is an indication, I believe it will! The guys did great.

• Andrea January 3, 2016, 11:41 am

I give thanks for much personal healing in 2015, for Upper Room and faith communities, for my husband and close friends and for a very wise grief therapist. I give thanks for a dear new friend whom we met on a foreign mission trip this past summer and who invited us to volunteer for a month with her and her husband in a very impoverished Hawaiian town this past month, and for the gratification and growth these two experiences brought us. I see God’s grace moving in our lives. May God’s peace and joy permeate every day for every person in the UR community. I give thanks for the daily reflections, for sharing, praying and walking together whenever we meet here. A belated Happy New Year to all.