God, Who Makes All Things New

O GOD, who makes all things new,
new stars, new dust, new life;
take my heart, every hardened edge and measured beat,
and create something new in me.
I need your newness, God,
the rough parts of me me made smooth;
the stagnant, stirred,
the stuck, freed;
the unkind, forgiven.
And then, by the power of your Spirit,
I need to be turned toward Love again. Amen.

– Pamela Hawkins
The Awkward Season: Prayers for Lent

From page 30 of The Awkward Season: Prayers for Lentby Pamela C. Hawkins. Copyright © 2009 by Pamela C. Hawkins. All rights reserved. Used by permission of Upper Room Books. http://bookstore.upperroom.org/ Learn more about or purchase this book.

Pray today’s prayer. Share your thoughts.

You who live in the shelter of the Most High, who abide in the shadow of the Almighty, will say to the LORD, “My refuge and my fortress; my God, in whom I trust.”

Psalm 91:1-2, NRSV

This Week: pray for Christian writers. Submit your prayer to The Upper Room Living Prayer Center or share it in the comment section below.

In need of prayer? The Upper Room Living Prayer Center is a 7-day-a-week intercessory prayer ministry staffed by trained volunteers, call 1-800-251-2468 or visit The Living Prayer Center web site.

This week we remember: Catherine dei Ricci (February 13).

FacebookTwitterGoogle+PinterestRedditTumblrWordPressShare

• Jill February 10, 2016, 3:57 am

Yes, Father, stir me…free me…forgive me…Wash me anew and lead me in Your Righteousness.

Grateful for safety despite snowy road conditions yesterday. Grateful for resources during this Lenten season. Grateful for others giftedness in writing and inspiring.

• Maryng64@hotmail.com February 10, 2016, 6:52 am

Yes, change my hear, O God!

Grateful for my helper who keeps our house clean and tonight I can sleep on my clean bedsheets.

Thank you Father God for good helpers who are diligent and obedient.

• Mary Ng Shwu Ling February 12, 2016, 8:18 am

Change my heart, o God!

• Betsy February 10, 2016, 7:07 am

I need your newness, God. Smooth the rough edges of my heart and renew your spirit within me. Very insightful words as we prepare for the Lenten season.
    Tonight I will gather with my church family and celebrate Ash Wednesday. I’m grateful for the seasons of the church, where we can reflect on our lives and renew our hearts in worship. Grateful for new folks that join us here at this place (Taylor), warmth of my home and meaningful volunteer work today at the animal shelter.

• Connie February 10, 2016, 8:23 am

Yes Lord, smooth the rough edges of my heart as we begin the season of Lent so that I might love You and others even more. Amen

• Howard February 10, 2016, 8:37 am

Loving Father, I need your help, heal me and renew my spirit that I may love you and serve my neighbors as you have commanded us to do.

Praying always, may the power of the Holy Spirit be with you and give you the peace of God this Ash Wednesday and all through the Lenten Season.

• Sara February 10, 2016, 10:03 am

God, maker of all things new, restore, renew and give me a new heart to do Your will. Bless those who are called to write and inspire them with Your wisdom to pass along insight and knowledge to all who read their words.

Thankful for a beautiful snow which didn’t cause too much work, a car situation starting mid December and finally resolved and enjoying the many beautiful birds at the feeders.

Blessings today to all the UR friends and family – may your day be filled with God’s love and grace.

• Andrea February 10, 2016, 1:54 pm

“I need your newness God…the stuck freed.”

With prayers for Chrisian writers, and wishing a blessed Ash Wednesday to all.

• Rusty February 10, 2016, 3:31 pm

Newness. All things made new. Praise you Lord! May I never abandon my love for you and the newness you bring. May we serve you in newness of life to the glory of your name.

• Edy Clemons February 11, 2016, 9:24 am

Spirit of the living God fall afresh on me. Melt me, mold me, heal me., use me. Spirit of the living God fall afresh on me. Lord please restore my heart this Lenten season.