THANK YOU, Good Shepherd, for loving your people – the sheep of your pasture. I am grateful I can trust you to be present in all circumstances of my life. Amen.

– Nell E. Noonan
A Widow’s Prayer

From page 66 of A Widow’s Prayer: Finding God’s Grace in the Days Ahead by Nell E. Noonan. Copyright © 2015 by Nell E. Noonan. All rights reserved. Used by permission of Upper Room Books. http://bookstore.upperroom.org/ Learn more about or purchase this book.

Pray today’s prayer. Share your thoughts.

27:1 The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

Psalm 27:1, NRSV

This Week: pray for those newlyweds. Submit your prayer to The Upper Room Living Prayer Center or share it in the comment section below.

In need of prayer? The Upper Room Living Prayer Center is a 7-day-a-week intercessory prayer ministry staffed by trained volunteers, call 1-800-251-2468 or visit The Living Prayer Center web site.

This week we remember: Martin Luther (February 16).

• Glenda February 16, 2016, 12:23 am

Please pray for my son ,he lost his business today.Please pray for peace in my family. Thank you.

• robert moeller February 16, 2016, 4:13 am

Yes, Glenda, I pray for your son and for peace in your family. Lord, look down on Glenda’s son and lift him up that a new business may be started. Grant Your peace Lord, to Glenda’s family.

Thank You, Lord, we have heat and that a plumber is on the way to restore water. Help for my outer ear canal infection came yesterday, maintenance on my car was done. Lord, You sustain me. Preparations for Anneliese’s surgery have been made. My children and grandchildren are doing well. Thank You, Lord.

Prayers for newlyweds around the world. I pray that they will accept Your guidance and love, Lord. So many people affected by the weather over the last few days, people have died. Lord, we know You are with them and their families, thank You, Lord.

• Jill February 16, 2016, 4:14 am

Glenda – we will surely hold your son and family in our prayers. Our Good Shepherd knows our needs and tends to His flock. Father – thank You for Your constant presence – Your omniscience of all of our concerns. May we lay them at your feet. Thank You for accepting our humble attempts at submission and for welcoming re-submission after re-submission.
    Grateful for a long weekend…could be even longer as the snow is piling up and I wait on word for a “snow day”. Grateful that my parents have made it to Florida safely and are enjoying warmer weather. Grateful for friends here on this sight – and new post-ers.

• Mary Ng Shwu Ling February 16, 2016, 6:14 am

Glenda, may God sustain you and your family during this time. May He strengthen and grant your Son fresh resources to rebuild his business. Lead and guide him in what you want him to do.

Praying for newlyweds. May God make them a strong people deeply rooted in His word. May they bless and enrich each other, always faithful and inspiring to each other. May the newlyweds have a Christ centered marriage.

Thank you Father God for being our Good Shepherd, caring for us, loving us, watching over us and protecting us from all harm and danger.

• Betsy February 16, 2016, 7:06 am

Glenda, I pray that God will guide your son as he finds his way through this struggle. May he find comfort as he considers his options for his business.
    You are indeed the Good Shepherd, Lord, and we look to you to guide us.

My younger sister is struggling with mental illness in her son, just a teenager. I covet your prayers for Laura, as she works through the mental health system to get help for her child.
    Grateful for this place where I can bring my prayers and concerns to share with others, and lay them at the feet of God. Amen

• Connie February 16, 2016, 7:43 am

“Savior, like a shepherd lead us. Much we need Thy tender care”
    Praying for Glenda and her son, for Betsy and her sister and her son. Our precious sons……….God protect them and keep them safe from harm.

• Sara February 16, 2016, 7:51 am

Thankful for a 2 hour school delay due to ice and temperatures will be rising. Also thankful for my birthday today – as one ages each birthday seems more precious. Thank you Lord.

Prayers Glenda for your son and the entire family. When one hurts we all hurt. I pray that all will work out for your son and family for a job and for his future. May God grant him peace as he works through the situation. Betsy, prayers for your sister Laura and her son. I pray for strength for her as she finds help for her son. God be with you and your son. Prayers for newlyweds as they share a life together and help them Lord to communicate and share each other’s hopes and dreams.

Lord, we look to You for hope, strength and guidance. Without You we would falter. Thank you for Your love and compassion to us. In Your Holy Name I pray. Amen

• Mary Ng Shwu Ling February 16, 2016, 9:56 am

Blessed birthday, Sara! May God’s blessings nod favour always be with you!

• April February 16, 2016, 8:14 am

Happy Birthday Sara!! May you have a wonderful day. Blessings in the year ahead!!

I echo the prayers for all concerns shared here today. Thankful to have Jesus by our side through all of our days.

“Blessèd Jesus, blessèd Jesus,
    Thou hast bought us, Thine we are.” Amen

• Carol February 16, 2016, 8:41 am

Glenda, my brother and my son are each small business owners. I pray for your family from that place in my heart.

There are many widows in my church. I affirm to them that God loves widows and watches over them very carefully.

• Howard February 16, 2016, 8:48 am

Loving Father, we are lifting up Glenda, her son, Laura, her son to you and praying for your strong right hand to embrace them with your love and peace.

Prayers for all who visit here, for newlyweds, allow God to be the center of your commitment to each other, praying always. Have a blessed day children of God.

• Barbara W Smith February 16, 2016, 11:38 am

The Yellow flowers on the book, A Widow’s Prayer, and the little prayer were comforting: my husband passed on 18 March 2014, one of my best friends passed on last Saturday, and our weather is really rainy and gloomy. It seems that the day is already brighter and my heart less heavy.
    THANK YOU!

• Rusty February 16, 2016, 4:22 pm

Lord, we lift up all who have expressed concerns here, and their loved ones. We are also grateful and praise you for the joys shared, as well. God you are great, always and everywhere. May we all place our trust in you.

• Lou February 16, 2016, 4:23 pm

Prayers for all who are sad and lonely and weighed down by grief. Prayers for those struggling with mental illness and those who work so hard to get by in this life- greater things are to come. This world will pass away and we will rest and discover the true joy that comes only from Him. He will not leave or forsake us. He loves us all.
    Peace to all –

• Rusty February 16, 2016, 6:04 pm

Amen, Lou. Greater things are to come.

• Gwen February 16, 2016, 7:43 pm

Glenda my prayers and through to are with your son. I also had to shutter my own business a number of years ago and it was the hardest few years I’ve ever gone through. I will pray for your son. It can seem insurmountable at the time, and for a ways after, but I wouldn’t have made it without faith, God and family. My prayers are with you and your family….

• imgur February 18, 2016, 12:47 am

This is also possible if they offer SEO as part of their service.
    The web design on a web hosting providers website is a quick and easy indication of the quality of the provider.
    What search results will offered up with unless you possess a website or perhaps a blog to market your business.