My Native Air

Gracious Christ, teach me to pray. If I fall down in this area, I fall down everywhere – anemia spreads through my whole being. Give me the mind to pray, the love to pray, the will to pray. Let prayer be the aroma of every act, the atmosphere of every thought, my native air. In your name. Amen.

– E. Stanley Jones, with commentary by Tom Albin
How to Pray

From page 45 of How to Pray by E. Stanley Jones, with commentary by Tom Albin. Copyright © 2015 by the E. Stanley Jones Foundation. All rights reserved. Used by permission of Upper Room Books. http://bookstore.upperroom.org/ Learn more about or purchase this book.

Pray today’s prayer. Share your thoughts.

Wait for the LORD; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the LORD!

Psalm 27:14, NRSV

This Week: pray for those newlyweds. Submit your prayer to The Upper Room Living Prayer Center or share it in the comment section below.

In need of prayer? The Upper Room Living Prayer Center is a 7-day-a-week intercessory prayer ministry staffed by trained volunteers, call 1-800-251-2468 or visit The Living Prayer Center web site.

This week we remember: Martin Luther (February 16).

FacebookTwitterGoogle+PinterestRedditTumblrWordPressShare

• robert moeller February 17, 2016, 6:29 am

Very thankful to have our frozen water pipes de-iced, a new and better water tank installed, and consequently water restored. Strong winds, very low temps, and minimal snow cover caused this an unusual freeze up. Thankful my ear is responding to treatment. Most thankful that resources to accomplish these tasks were available. Thank You, Lord.

Yes, this seems a very appropriate and needed prayer for me. God has helped me through many tough times and situations, I need to stay in touch. I am thankful.

Prayers for newlyweds, for those involved in car and truck accidents because of the weather, for people dealing with flooding, for every voter asking for God’s wisdom and we move toward an election. All around the world, in every time and place, Lord, we need You. Blessings to all who come to the UR. God’s peace be with you. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.

• robert moeller February 17, 2016, 6:37 am

Prayers for Betsy, her daughter and grandson, in our day an age, with all the new technology, we are still struggling with but also finding answers to mental health problems. Happy Birthday Sara! Thank you all for your posts and responses to posts. I’m thankful for a church member who called after we were absent from church, offered help with our water problem, and then followed up to see how we made out. God is at work here at the UR. Thank You, Lord.

• Betsy February 17, 2016, 7:13 am

Lord, let “prayer be the aroma”. This reminds me to pray without ceasing; continally turning to God. Thank you, UR family, for the heartfelt prayers for my sister and her son. Reading your comments warm my heart and strengthen me.
    Happy birthday, Sara! Hope you had a blessed day yesterday.
    Thankful for moments of celebration for life events such birthdays, anniversaries, etc. Grateful for a warming and melting of the snow, volunteering at th Humane Sociery today, and quiet time here with this group.

• Mary Ng Shwu Ling February 17, 2016, 7:29 am

Thank you Father God for the joy and privilege of prayer. Thank you for always being available for us and never too busy to hear our prayers.

Thank you for fine weather and outdoor games my students participated. Thank you for the Breeze and sunshine.

We continue to uplift those who are going through crisis in life. May you be our ever present help and guide.

• Sara February 17, 2016, 2:41 pm

Thankful for friends, no ice or snow on the roads today and Happy Birthday Wishes from UR Friends – Thank you!

I’m puzzled because today I had to search for the UR Reflection instead of coming as an email. Probably a little glitch some where.

Prayer – I don’t know how I would live without prayer. Sometimes I’m concerned I use prayer too casually, but I feel comfortable and connected to God when I can pray (talk) to God. I want to give You, Lord, all the praise and glory.

Blessings to all who visit the UR today and thank you Lord that you hear our prayers. Amen

• Howard February 18, 2016, 10:01 am

How to pray? The only thing the disciples ask Jesus to teach them to do, must have been mighty important to them. Loving Father teach us to pray, by Your Holy Spirit lead us to find the words that lead to Your heart. Thank You Father for hearing our prayers, thank you for answered prayers, and give us the insight and patients to be strong and wait on You.

Praying always, blessing for all who visit, have a wonderful day children of God.