Our Lives Are Joined to Christ

SEASONS COME AND GO in our lives. The foliage of spiritual journey changes through our times of turning as well. But what remains, what abides, is that place where our lives join to Christ. In that place we find ourselves connected in this time for all time to God.

Prayer
Join my life to you, O God, in ways ever deeper and ever stronger. And may my living draw from you the hope and love that renew and transform me ever more in your image. In Jesus Christ. Amen.

– John Indermark
Parables and Passion

From page 35 of Parables and Passion: Jesus’ Stories for the Days of Lent by John Indermark. Copyright © 2006 by John Indermark. All rights reserved. Used by permission of Upper Room Books. http://bookstore.upperroom.org/ Learn more about or purchase this book.

Pray the prayer at the end of today’s reading. Share your thoughts.

No testing has overtaken you that is not common to everyone. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tested beyond your strength, but with the testing he will also provide the way out so that you may be able to endure it.

1 Corinthians 10:13, NRSV

This Week: pray for those who lack access to clean water. Submit your prayer to The Upper Room Living Prayer Center or share it in the comment section below.

In need of prayer? The Upper Room Living Prayer Center is a 7-day-a-week intercessory prayer ministry staffed by trained volunteers. Call 1-800-251-2468 or visit The Living Prayer Center web site.

This week we remember: Polycarp (February 23).

FacebookTwitterGoogle+PinterestRedditTumblrWordPressShare

• Mary Ng Shwu Ling February 26, 2016, 1:41 am

Grateful for a good lunch fellowship with my classmate.

Father God, thank you for classmates and friends, family and colleagues.

Thank you that our lives are joined to Christ that we may draw from you the hope and love that renew and transform us.

Thank you that through all the Seasons, your presence is with us and will continue to be with us till the end of our life journey.

• Rusty February 26, 2016, 6:24 am

Today’s reading makes me think of the liturgy in my church where is says, “that we may growin the knowledge and love of God.” Yes, interpreting this author’s thoughts, I think . . . our connection (spiritual, emotional and our knowledge of fact that he loves us unconditionally) to God can increase as we go through seasons and lean on him and learn from him. I am grateful, though, that I am made in God’s image. Lord, may my understanding of that fact grow and enable me to reflect your image more and more truthfully and lovingly to the world.

Grateful to be meeting today with a good friend who has suffered much through pain and illness. May our conversation help us both to be transformed, Lord, according to your image and enable us to grow in the knowledge and love of you. Amen.

• Sara February 26, 2016, 7:02 am

Thank you Lord for Your presence in my life and I can grow spiritually and look to You for guidance all the days of my life. I pray for Your divine presence for my family and my dear grandchildren.

Mary, I remember a previous post about your birthday the 26th. If I’m correct I wish you a Happy Birthday and hope your day is extra special!

Prayers for Anneliese and her recovery. Prayers for my family (especially my grandson wrestling in Districts today) and prayers for the UR family. May God bless us and keep us in Your loving care. Amen

• Mary Ng Shwu Ling February 26, 2016, 7:07 pm

Thanks so much Sara for the birthday wish and for remembering. Yes, my birthday is on 26th.

• Betsy February 26, 2016, 7:04 am

Greatly comforted by yesterday’s posts from all. I am helped in reading others experiences and am grateful for this platform where we can share. Thank you, Rusty. It helps to know that you have also had pain In relationships, but have persevered.
    Praying today that Robert and Annaliese are on the other side of surgery and on the way to healing. Grateful today for sunny skies and the promise of warmer weather for the weekend. Also thankful for time this Satuday to gather with good friends and sample a new restaurant. Blessings for this group of prayer warriors.

• robert moeller February 26, 2016, 8:25 am

Thankful that Anneliese’s surgery was a success. Now she’s on the road to being able to walk with a new hip. Thank You, Lord. It was a long day, she was at the hospital at 9:30, surgery started around 1:20, to the recovery room about 1 1/2 hours later and to her room by 5:30. Off to see her soon. Thank you all for prayers and thoughts.

Thankful that Erich is excited about a baking project that involves a recipe from his grandmother. It has a lot of potential.

Thankful that despite all the rain and wind, we are fine. Prayers for those who have flooding and damage. Prayers too for those who need clean water. I’m grateful for the fellowship we enjoy here at the UR. God sustains us as we gather in Jesus’ name. Our God is an awesome God. Thank You, Lord.