Fill Our Minds with Light

GOD, PLEASE HELP us when we have lost our way and don’t know what to do. Be our strength when we are weak, our hope when we feel desperate, and our rock when our lives are falling apart. Fill our hearts and minds with your light that chases away the darkness. Amen.

devozine, Jan/Feb 2016

From page 11 of devozine, January/February 2016. Copyright © 2015 by The Upper Room. All rights reserved. Used by permission. http://bookstore.upperroom.org/ Learn more about or purchase this book.

Pray today’s prayer. Share your thoughts.

From now on, therefore, we regard no one from a human point of view; even though we once knew Christ from a human point of view, we know him no longer in that way.

2 Corinthians 5:16, NRSV

This Week: pray for caregivers. Submit your prayer to The Upper Room Living Prayer Center or share it in the comment section below.

In need of prayer? The Upper Room Living Prayer Center is a 7-day-a-week intercessory prayer ministry staffed by trained volunteers. Call 1-800-251-2468 or visit The Living Prayer Center web site.

This week we remember: Katherine Drexel (March 3).

FacebookTwitterGoogle+PinterestRedditTumblrWordPressShare

• Jill March 3, 2016, 4:03 am

Yea, tho I walk through the valley of the shadow of death – Thou art with me. Amen and amen. Father – I pray that the comfort in the words of this verse will be experienced by those hurting right now. For Russell’s family. For Alice – who lost her beloved Jack yesterday afternoon. Both in their 80s – they lost their first spouses about a decade ago. They had known each other for over 50 years – together in the same church. Their friendship blossomed – and these two godly people got married 4 years ago. Both had difficult health concerns to overcome. Jack’s doubled back and took him finally. Father – I lift Jack’s children to You as they are traveling in from various parts of the country. Might this weekend be a celebration of the impact that Jack had on so many people.
    Father – thank You for the blessed assurance that You are ours and that we are Yours. That one day – we will be united face to face – what a glorious day that will be.

• robert moeller March 3, 2016, 5:33 am

My first thought after reading the prayer was to be thankful that I have not felt like my life was falling apart very often. Yes, there was a time, but it was healed well and quickly as only God can do. I sympathize with Alice and Jack. I’m married twice after losing my first wife almost 20 years ago. Anneliese has gone through tough times with 4 joint replacements and three other surgeries.
    Prayers for Alice, Russell’s family, Carol, twice a widow, and Warren, almost 90.

Thankful that Anneliese’s surgery and rehab have gone so well. She’ll be home tomorrow! Thankful that Erich has some good options, his skin is healing, and he is coping well with his situation. Hopefully soon, there will be more good news. Thankful my granddaughters and their Mom are doing well.
    Thankful for a hint of real March with some snow showers and cold weather.
    “In like a lion, out like a lamb” hasn’t disappeared yet. This has been the strangest winter in my memory. Thankful for the caregivers at rehab, they have done very well. Thank You. Lord.

Blessings in the name of Jesus, may His peace be with you.

• Andrea March 3, 2016, 7:08 am

I have come through a dark period of feeling my life was falling apart. Faith, prayer, caring loved ones, Upper Room and a very wise therapist formed my cornerstone. I have learned that darkness gives way and one comes through the dark days softer and more aware. I know there will still be challenges and days I feel down. I am grateful to be aware of how I am buoyed in so many ways by God’s love. I pray for those stretched thin by caregiving and for all who are going through a dark time, that they will cling to faith on the dark days and have courage. God is present. Watch for the ways God comes to you, recognize them. Be loving toward yourself. Dwell in faith and prayer. I am thankful for the support I have received here through my darkest days and I pray now I may be a light to others and that my life will express my deepest beliefs.

• Betsy March 3, 2016, 7:19 am

Both prayers and praises lifted up today.
    Praises for Annaliese and her successful recovery from hip surgery. So glad she is returning home, Robert! That will greatly aide in her healing.
    We join you, Jill, in the sad passing of your friend Jack. What a blessing to for Alice to find love again. I pray for strength as she faces this loss.
    Help me, Lord, to look for you always in the light; You are my rock and my salvation. Blessings to all who visit this site today.

• Mary Ng Shwu Ling March 3, 2016, 8:35 am

Thank you Father God for being our strength, hope and rock when we are falling apart. Lead and guide us every step of our life journey. Thank you that you never abandon us in our darkest moment.

Prayers for those who are grieving.

Grateful that Anneliese will be going home tomorrow.

Praying for all caregivers that their strength is from you, O Lord.

• Connie March 3, 2016, 8:52 am

My life has been a series of ups and downs, as everyone’s has, but God has been with me every step of the way and is with me now. He sends blessings my way–little ones and big ones and I thank Him for them. A church I attended many years ago gave out little cards and I remember on one of them it said “and don’t forget to thank Him”.
    Thankful for a long visit with my daughter.
    Thankful Annaliese is at “Home Sweet Home”
    Joining prayers with Jill for her friends.
    Thankful for Andrea’s prayer for those who are “stretched thin”.
    Thankful for Betsy’s blessing.
    We are one in the Spirit!

• Connie March 3, 2016, 8:57 am

And for Mary and her faithfulness here.

• Sara March 3, 2016, 9:21 am

So many great comments – some with sadness and others are joyful. God, how wonderful that You are with us and also thankful that Your angels (friends) who come to us in joyful and sorrowful times. God, comfort those who are grieving and miss their loved one. Bless the caregivers today and the ones who are receiving the care. Lift them out of discouragement so they can visualize a better future.

Blessings today to all visiting the UR – God, Your mercies are new every day. Thank you.

• Rusty March 3, 2016, 2:05 pm

Yes, such lovely comments today. Lord, please strengthen those facing sorrow today and affirm those who have joy. We know you are with us in all of life’s ups and downs. May we lean on you and on one another. Praise you, God!