Peace in Christ

MAY THOSE WHO are lost, O Christ,
find a guide in you.
May those who are hungry
find food at your table.
May those who are bullied find courage,
those who are worried find peace,
those who are weary find rest
with you, O Christ,
this day and the next.
Amen.

– Pamela C. Hawkins
The Awkward Season: Prayers for Lent

From page 62, The Awkward Season: Prayers for Lent by Pamela C. Hawkins. Copyright © 2009 by Pamela C. Hawkins. All rights reserved. Used by permission of Upper Room Books. http://bookstore.upperroom.org/ Learn more about or purchase this book.

Pray the prayer at the end of today’s reading. Share your thoughts.

When the LORD restored the fortunes of Zion, we were like those who dream.

Psalm 126:1, NRSV

This Week: those who struggle with worry. Submit your prayer to The Upper Room Living Prayer Center or share it in the comment section below.

In need of prayer? The Upper Room Living Prayer Center is a 7-day-a-week intercessory prayer ministry staffed by trained volunteers. Call 1-800-251-2468 or visit The Living Prayer Center web site.

This week we remember: Harriet Tubman (March 10).

FacebookTwitterGoogle+PinterestRedditTumblrWordPressShare

• Jill March 8, 2016, 4:06 am

Father – this prayer covers each of us here. So many concerns – I lift them all to Your capable hands. Bring peace and rest to those who are weary and wounded. I ask for strength for the moment for each struggling one.
    Father – thank You for Your Presence that was so evident at the funeral celebration for Jack yesterday. The words shared by his daughter were quite beautiful. Be with Alice in the days ahead. Thank You for the joy they were able to share these past five + years.
    Father – equip us to face the day You have before us – might we be ambassadors of and for Your Kingdom.

• robert moeller March 8, 2016, 4:51 am

Grateful to hear about the words from Jack’s daughter, for a good checkup at Anneliese’s doctor, for physical therapy on the way, a cracked windshield being replaced, for medical help for Erich, and the opportunity for him to bake a recipe handed down from his great-grandmother. Wonderful, helpful, supportive, and enlightening posts yesterday. Lord, You speak to us through them. Thankful for modeling help and parts on the way.

Prayers for Lou, Sara’s son and grandchildren, and all involved in divorce. It’s not a win-win situation for everyone involved. Lord, may caregivers be filled with Your spirit and be Your hands. The Lord bless you and keep you all this and every day. Thank You, Lord. Amen.

• Betsy March 8, 2016, 7:22 am

All we need we find in you, Lord. I especially focused on the line about those who are bullied. May they find courage and strength in You. There is are so many forms of bullying in our society, not only with children and young adults. Help those, young and old, who are recipients of bullying to turn to you; not to return hurtful remarks for slander. Help us, Oh God, to be a kinder nation.
    Thankful for Annaliese’s continued recovery, Robert, prayers for you as her caregiver. Help me, Lord, to show those characteristics in this prayer to someone today: guidance, peace, courage and rest. Amen

• Rusty March 8, 2016, 5:31 pm

I agree bullying is one that stands out. When I was growing up, people seldom admitted there was bullying going on. It was, I guess, deemed just part of life for some to be picked on by “toughs”, and the way through it (we thought) was to keep a stiff upper lip and endure. Many of those who bullied as children have continued to bully as adults. It is absolutely appropriate and necessary to stand up to aggressive and belittling behavior. Today at the office, I was approached by a manager saying how disappointed she was that people talk about her behind her back. When I told her that people are afraid of her because she overreacts when her people bring issues before her, she was incredulous at first, but then mostly silent when I offered her an example. Lord, please guide us in situations where Christ-honoring confrontation is needed.

• Andrea March 8, 2016, 9:10 am

Gracious God, I pray for those who are lost, hungry, bullied, worried, weary, struggling in any way. May they turn to You. May we who are stronger be their support. The beautiful promises in Isaiah 43 include the powerful verse, “Behold, I make all things new.” Wishing a blessed day to all.

• Sara March 8, 2016, 10:00 am

Peace in Christ – Lord, I thank you for the peace and comfort that You give us when we come to You. I pray for all who read the UR Reflection today find the comfort they need. Thank you, Lord, for the prayers and support we receive from the UR family. It truly is a blessing and a comfort. Prayers for those who have a tendency to worry (I hate to admit it but that at times is me) and instead to practice Your presence and to live one day at a time.

May God’s blessings and peace surround all who come to the UR today.

• Andrea March 8, 2016, 12:48 pm

I also tend to be a worrier. I need courage to step out of my comfort zone and to express myself more fully. I am so aware of how blessed I am. I find it so true that sadness and darkness can be transformed to light and joy. Yet I know challenges and sorrow are part of the fabric of life and what lies ahead is unknown. Trust and perservere.

• Mary Ng Shwu Ling March 8, 2016, 9:48 pm

Father God, may all have needs find you and also have peace.

We continue to uplift Anneliese to you for complete recovery and Robert as caregiver.

Grateful for my Niece who cooked Japanese noodles for us last night.