God Never Leaves Us

GOD, LET US COUNT the ways you never leave us. Your Light of Day greeted us this morning. The smell of life filled our nostrils with the crisp, chilly air of a new day. The melody of gently crackling leaves whispered your love in our ears. These are among the Good Morning gifts we thank you for. You have given us another day in your Precious Presence.

Come what may this day: angry traffic, angry words, paved roads, paved ways, we will praise your Holy Name! And so we greet you this day with shouts of joy and thanksgiving. Amen.

–Sherrie Dobbs Johnson

– Valerie Bridgeman Davis and Safiyah Fosua

The Africana Worship Book: Year A

From page 77 of The Africana Worship Book: Year A, edited by Valerie Bridgeman Davis and Safiyah Fosua. Copyright © 2006 by Discipleship Resources. All rights reserved. Used by permission. http://bookstore.upperroom.org/ Learn more about or purchase this book.

Pray today’s prayer. Share your thoughts.

More than that, I regard everything as loss because of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things, and I regard them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but one that comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God based on faith.

Philippians 3:8-9, NRSV

This Week: those who struggle with worry. Submit your prayer to The Upper Room Living Prayer Center or share it in the comment section below.

In need of prayer? The Upper Room Living Prayer Center is a 7-day-a-week intercessory prayer ministry staffed by trained volunteers. Call 1-800-251-2468 or visit The Living Prayer Center web site.

This week we remember: Harriet Tubman (March 10).

• robert moeller March 10, 2016, 4:08 am

Thankful for yesterday’s warm (80 degree) weather that made Anneliese’s walk very enjoyable, for good news from my son, his skin is healing, and
    for cards from church friends. Thankful for God’s wisdom, we will stay where we are.

Lord, many worries were relieved yesterday, thank You, Lord. I pray for those
    with greater worries than mine. May they bring them to You.

Yes, Lou, I agree with Connie, good things can come out of divorce. I witness them everyday. Put God first and all these things will be given to you.

Prayers for all who come to the UR, many blessings as we gather in the name of the Lord in Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

• Jill March 10, 2016, 4:25 am

Father – each morning You greet me with the silence of the early hours. I luxuriate in this, melting into my chair and attempting to match the silence in my head. Prepare me for the clamor of the day – the frequency and intensity of it. Father – thank You for bringing increased serenity to my heart…surely Your Peace. I pray this for Lou – that she would experience the peace that passeth understanding…to a fuller extent. Grant her discernment as she presses on.
    Grateful for incredibly warm temps continuing. Grateful to be able to open windows and doors of my house and “air out” the staleness of winter. Grateful to simply watch my cat perched in the windowsill with the fresh air rustling through his whiskers. Father – thank You for simple things, for time to take them in.

• Mary Ng Shwu Ling March 10, 2016, 5:42 am

Father God, I commit my students into your hands. I don’t understand why they have to quarrel and fight every day. Please help them to live in peace and harmony.

Thank you Father God for a good dinner and all the good things and people you have blessed us. Most of all, thank you for your presence and patience with us.

• Rusty March 10, 2016, 5:45 am

Grateful for a good night’s sleep and waking up an hour early, with the peaceful quiet and extra time for study and contemplation. Today’s reading is beautiful. I always look forward to my first step outside in the morning to feel the cool air and discover each day’s morning smells. Yesterday was humid (rare in these parts) and brought a delightful sweetness. Birds singing in the dark. Thank you, Lord. I love it.

Lou, I pray for your comfort. I don’t know how this will all work out for you, but I do pray that in all of this you might discover a way to know that Jesus standing by your side. He is there. My calming prayer is to repeat a threefold affirmation with a full breath in between. “You are here. You are near. You dwell within me.” The first is a prayer to the person of Father, the second to the Son, and the concluding one to the Holy Spirit. Three in one. Sometimes (not always, it depends) I add a coda to all three. “You are here. You are near. You dwell within me. And I in you.” Peace be with you, friend.

• Betsy March 10, 2016, 7:03 am

I also treasure my quiet mornings with God. Enjoying the “Good Morning Gifts” that He offers me everyday-solitude, His Word, and fellowship with my UR family. Thank you, Father, for all these things. Amen
    Such a sweet prayer you shared with Lou, Rusty. I have written it in my journal to refer to when I also need Gods’s calming spirit. I pray you for your comfort, Lou, as you seek to do the right thing for your family and yourself. God is near.

• Connie March 10, 2016, 8:46 am

Good Morning, Jesus. Hold my hand as I go through this day. Amen

• Sara March 10, 2016, 8:49 am

Today’s Reflection goes with the lovely weather we are now experiencing. I enjoyed this past winter, but when warmer weather and more sunny days arrive it really does do something for your spirit. Thank you God for Your creation.

Prayers today for those who are worrying about situations in their lives. Be close to them Lord and guide them with Your wisdom. Lou, continued prayers for you and your family. May God gently guide you through this journey and may God’s peace be with you. Amen