Christ, Who Sees the Little and the Lost

O CHRIST who sees the little and the lost:
the child,
the lamb,
the lost coin.
Widen my eyes with your compassion;
clear my vision with your justice;
soften my gaze with your tears
for all who need my prayers today.
Amen.

PRAY

• For those in prison who watch for a visitor
  • For artists, writers, and dancers who bring beauty to life
  • For leaders of nations, cities, and communities
  • For someone you know who is searching for an answer this day

– Pamela C. Hawkins
The Awkward Season

From Prayers of Intercession for Tuesdays of Lent, page 68 in The Awkward Season: Prayers for Lent by Pamela C. Hawkins. Copyright © 2009 by Pamela C. Hawkins. All rights reserved. Used by permission of Upper Room Books. http://bookstore.upperroom.org/ Learn more about or purchase this book.

Pray today’s prayer. Share your thoughts.

The Lord GOD helps me; therefore I have not been disgraced; therefore I have set my face like flint, and I know that I shall not be put to shame….

Isaiah 50:7, NRSV

This Week: those who serve communion. Submit your prayer to The Upper Room Living Prayer Center or share it in the comment section below.

In need of prayer? The Upper Room Living Prayer Center is a 7-day-a-week intercessory prayer ministry staffed by trained volunteers. Call 1-800-251-2468 or visit The Living Prayer Center web site.

This week we remember: Patrick of Ireland (March 17).

• robert moeller March 14, 2016, 4:05 am

Grateful for a peaceful Sunday, Anneliese rested, I went to church, had a good fellowship hour, brought home some groceries, had lunch, watched a college hockey game, and emailed Erich and Jenny.

A wonderful prayer today, it touches activities close to me, and I believe are close to all of us as Christians. Thank You, Lord, that empowered by Your love we can pray and be Your hands ministering to and for the people You created. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

Prayers for those who serve communion. Through their service we remember what Christ did for us and are connected to Him both spiritually and physically. Thank You, Lord.

• Jill March 14, 2016, 4:32 am

Father – I pray for those who are in prison, and whose release time is drawing nigh. I pray that they would seek out a strong support system and be integrated back into life. Father – they had the opportunity to hear about You inside those walls. If they committed to You – might they continue to seek You. Be with those who will mentor them. Father – thank You for changed lives. Sustain agencies, support groups and individuals who devote themselves to reaching out to those imprisoned.

• Mary Ng Shwu Ling March 14, 2016, 7:32 am

Grateful for a day of learning math concepts and the joy of eating peach my dad bought for me.

Help us God to see the little and lost. We uplift our leaders into your hands. Grant our leaders integrity, wisdom and the compassion of Christ.

• Carol March 14, 2016, 7:53 am

Christ, who sees the little and the lost, I desire to see as you see. Today, trying to see the big picture is overwhelming. Open my eyes to see the little and the lost. Thank you, my Savior.

• Sara March 14, 2016, 9:27 am

A lovely, soothing prayer because God notices the little and the lost. Thank you God.

Prayers for those in prison and their families. Bless those who are trained in prison ministry to guide and help prisoners to a better way of life. Prayers for our leaders and the candidates for the 2016 Election. Peace, Lord, where their is discord. Thankfulness and prayers to all who bring beauty to this world through the arts that relax a tired body. God, Your blessings and treasures are many – open our eyes to notice Your many blessings to us.

God’s blessings and peace surround all who visit the UR today. Amen

• Andrea March 14, 2016, 11:31 am

I am thankful for two safe flights yesterday, to CA, where I am being nanny to my almost 1 year old grandson. I give You thanks, Gracious God, for this beautiful, healthy, happy baby and for his devoted parents. Guide me in how to best support them, may I be wise. I pray for Anneliese to have continued steady progress in mobility and recovery from surgery. I pray for my friend Jane, whose husband died suddenly at way too early an age. She is overwhelmed with grief, while also trying to sell a house – I pray for a good buyer. Thank You for those who serve communion in churches and residences, Your faithful servants. May they and those tgey minister to be wrapped in Your care. Wishing a blessed Monday and blessed week ahead to all.

• Rusty March 14, 2016, 6:00 pm

Prayers, Andrea, for your friend Jane during this difficult time.

• Rusty March 14, 2016, 6:07 pm

Thank you, Lord, for how you look after us. Thinking of all the “littles” among our group – Andrea’s grandchild, Betsy’s family’s new grandbaby, the children who grace Robert’s and Anneliese’s life, the students in our UR family members’ classrooms — and all the others. Praise you, Lord!