No Need for Fear

THE RISEN CHRIST is with us and therefore we need not fear the events of this day or any day that lies in our future. We know that each day will be lived in companionship with the only One who is able to rescue, redeem, save, keep, and companion us through every experience of this life and the next.

– Rueben P. Job
A Guide to Prayer for All Who Seek God

From page 172 of A Guide to Prayer for All Who Seek God by Norman Shawchuck and Rueben P. Job. Copyright © 2003 by Norman Shawchuck and Rueben P. Job. All rights reserved. Used by permission of Upper Room Books. http://bookstore.upperroom.org/ Learn more about or purchase this book.

What does Christ’s companionship mean to you? Share your thoughts.

118:14 The LORD is my strength and my might; he has become my salvation.

Psalm 118:14, NRSV

This Week: pray for church leaders. Submit your prayer to The Upper Room Living Prayer Center or share it in the comment section below.

In need of prayer? The Upper Room Living Prayer Center is a 7-day-a-week intercessory prayer ministry staffed by trained volunteers. Call 1-800-251-2468 or visit The Living Prayer Center web site.

This week we remember: Sister Thea Bowman (March 30).

FacebookTwitterGoogle+PinterestRedditTumblrWordPressShare

• Jill March 28, 2016, 5:36 am

Christ is my everything. I cannot imagine being without Him. He is my strength and my protection. Thankfully, I am His and He is mine…forevermore.

• Barry Chitwood March 28, 2016, 5:59 am

When times are hard and others flee,
    Christ, my God, is here with me.
    My Savior, my friend, to the very end,
    Jesus and I will eternity spend.

• Connie March 28, 2016, 8:44 am

This is very nice, Barry.

• Mary Ng Shwu Ling March 28, 2016, 6:46 am

Christ is my best companion. No one can be compared to Him. He is my ever present help, my comfort, my Friend, my saviour, my good shepherd, my protector, my provider, my everything!

Thank you God for Christ’s companionship!

• robert moeller March 28, 2016, 7:31 am

No one knows me like Christ, Jesus is the perfect companion. I have been helped many times both knowingly and unknowingly.

I found this section of today’s reflection an accurate description of what
    I have experienced. “We know that each day will be lived in companionship with the only One who is able to rescue, redeem, save, keep, and companion us through every experience of this life and the next. This realization does not take away the pain or uncertainty that life holds. But it does give us strength, wisdom, guidance, and most of all, a Companion to travel through each of these experiences with us.”

Prayers of thanksgiving for a wonderful Easter. The first time in my life I had communion twice on the same day. Blessings to all, we are in the 50 days of Easter before Pentecost.

• Connie March 28, 2016, 8:43 am

Christ’s companionship means everything to me……from the womb to the tomb, He will be beside me. He is my Savior and my friend…..my comfort, my hope, my all in all.

• Andrea March 28, 2016, 9:05 am

Through Jesus, peace is possible, moment by moment. “Peace I give to you, my peace I give to you, not as the world gives give I unto you.” Wishing blessed peace, moment by moment, to all who visit UR.

• Andrea March 28, 2016, 11:08 am

I do not mean to imply that I experience peace in every moment. I believe Jesus shows, and is, the way to peace; and it is a difficult path. He says His yoke is easy. He says He will bear our burdens. It is not easy to fathom this. Yet in difficult moments, I am encouraged by it.

• Sara March 28, 2016, 10:44 am

Thank you God for being my constant companion. Where would I go but to the Lord.

Blessings today to all who visit the UR.

• Rusty March 28, 2016, 12:59 pm

Wonderful comments! Thanks to all. In my journey, I have often felt closer to the persons of God the Father and the Holy Spirit than I have to Jesus. Don’t know why (except that I know God knows me better than I do, myself, and he finds just the right way to touch my heart). My relationship with the person of Jesus is definitely growing. Our Lord reaches each of us in exactly the right way. I’m always pleased to hear of others’ relationships with God, and today’s reading and comments about companionship with Jesus are to be treasured.

• Michaela March 28, 2016, 3:21 pm

Lord, I thank you for the companionship. Still trying to understand that live for today, and not worry about tomorrow, it has its own worries. I just want to send prayers for my family. Give us strength to come together in christ.

• Pam March 28, 2016, 10:25 pm

I stand in agreement in prayer with you, Michaela! (Amen!)