Prayer for Deliverance

GRACIOUS LORD, mighty fortress in whom I can always trust: deliver me from whatever shakes my world, fills me with anxiety, and separates me from the knowledge of your love, that I might find repose in your arms of protection. Amen.

– Paul Wesley Chilcote
A Life-Shaping Prayer: 52 Meditations in the Wesleyan Spirit

From page 35 of A Life-Shaping Prayer: 52 Meditations in the Wesleyan Spirit by Paul Wesley Chilcote. Copyright © 2008 by the author. All rights reserved. Used by permission of Upper Room Books. http://bookstore.upperroom.org/ Learn more about or purchase this book.

Pray today’s prayer. Share your thoughts.

Then Samuel took the horn of oil, and anointed him in the presence of his brothers; and the spirit of the LORD came mightily upon David from that day forward. Samuel then set out and went to Ramah.

1 Samuel 16:13, NRSV

This Week: pray for those who are homeless. Submit your prayer to The Upper Room Living Prayer Center or share it in the comment section.

This week we remember: Cuthbert of Lindisfarne (March 20).

• Lou March 20, 2017, 12:18 am

Amen.

• Jill March 20, 2017, 4:15 am

O Father – Who beckons us with open wide arms – I thank You and praise You for Your mercy. I pray this prayer for all the UR family here…Lou, Robert, Rusty, Andrea, Betsy, Connie, Mary, Carol, Gail, Julie and many others. Father – make us one, united by Your Spirit, open to Your movement, desiring to fulfill Your Will and see Your Kingdom come.

• Carol March 20, 2017, 5:08 am

What a super prayer. Yes deliverance from false beliefs and thoughts. I read Samuel given in today’s devotion. How Samuel sent to anoint a son of Jesse. Seeing the first son and thinking “this must be the one”. The Lord put him straight which allowed Samuel to wait upon The Lord for Him to let him know whom he had chosen. May we not judge our situations by their outward appearance but wait on The Lord for His direction.

• robert moeller March 20, 2017, 6:52 am

Yes, Lord! I echo Jill and Carol. Thank you both for your prayer and comment. When we put God first, ask for God’s guidance, and let God’s will be done, the right and good will happen. Blessings to all who come to the UR and all believers. God is good, all the time.

Prayers for the homeless, those in need, the hungry, the sick, and those mourning. Thank You, Lord!

• Betsy March 20, 2017, 7:05 am

I echo the other UR responses. This week, I am focusing on Proverb3:5 in my prayer time: “Trust in the Lord with all you heart and lean not on your own understanding.” Help me to move toward what you will in my life, not that which separates me from You, Lord.
    Grateful for a busy week, filled with many choices to rest in You, Lord. Help me to submit to You will. Amen

• Rusty March 20, 2017, 9:27 pm

Amen to all!

• Connie March 21, 2017, 8:47 am

I love the prayer. “shakes my world”, “fills me with anxiety” Yes, repose, please and “draw me nearer, Precious Lord” (couldn’t get to the computer yesterday-so glad I always go back)

• Mary Ng Shwu Ling March 23, 2017, 7:09 am

Father God, we uplift those who are homeless into your hands. May you protect them and provide shelter for them.