Living Hope

MARY’S ENCOUNTER with the risen Jesus on that first Easter morning shows how his resurrection can give birth to a living hope in our lives, a living hope that our pools of tears will actually become opportunities for transformation and growth, a living hope that reminds us that at the heart of all things stands a resurrection love that will never let us go.

– Trevor Hudson
Hope Beyond Our Tears

From page 112 of Hope Beyond Our Tears: Experiencing Christ’s Healing Love by Trevor Hudson. Copyright © 2012 by Trevor Hudson. All rights reserved. Used by permission of Upper Room Books. http://bookstore.upperroom.org/ Learn more about or purchase this book.

How does Christ’s love for us, expressed in the resurrection, lead to your transformation? Share your thoughts.

I say to the LORD, “You are my Lord; I have no good apart from you.”

Psalm 16:2, NRSV

This Week: pray for people those struggling with addictions. Submit your prayer to The Upper Room Living Prayer Center or share it in the comment section.

This week we remember: Anselm (April 21).

• Lou April 19, 2017, 1:58 am

I focus on the wonderful knowledge that we have “a resurrection love that will not let us go”. That is my hope and my foundation. In that I trust. I lose my focus on that and I lose my way and get caught up in my sadness and my worries and the day to day struggles that want to pull me under – that is satan I think. And then I read the above when I cannot sleep and I know that He will not leave me and He will never forsake me -no matter the earthly struggles. He is with us all – God bless you all today.

• robert moeller April 19, 2017, 4:19 am

I am confident that God has helped me through tough situations. I am in another one. My son says it’s him or my wife. Lord, Your wisdom and guidance is very much needed. Have been to counseling and had a plan set up where I would go to help him, but return home when the help was no longer needed. I’m also working on being more assertive but he is not happy with the progress I’ve made.

Knowing that Christ has risen, is alive, and with us always is very reassuring.
    I’m leaning on Him at the moment for understanding, direction, and purpose.

Yes, Lord, I pray for those dealing with addiction. It is a terrible path and the journey to recovery is a difficult one, but with You all things are possible.

Thankful for small tasks done yesterday. Prayers for solutions to today’s problems. In Your name I pray, Lord. Amen.

• Mary Ng Shwu Ling April 19, 2017, 6:14 am

Keeping you and your family in prayers, Robert!

• Betsy April 19, 2017, 7:04 am

Robert, you are such a prayer warrior for your family. Lifting up your son today.

• robert moeller April 19, 2017, 7:15 am

Thank you Betsy, yes, prayers are very helpful. I thank all who pray for my family and me. God will get us through.

• Andrea April 19, 2017, 7:57 am

My prayers for you, your son and your wife, Robert. It is good you have a counselor to support you. I trust that God and your strong faith will see you through this difficult time with Eric.

• Rusty April 19, 2017, 12:12 pm

Robert, please count on my prayers as well. I’m grateful that you felt comfortable in coming to us and that this family comes together for each other as we do. May there be peace in your family very soon.

• robert moeller April 20, 2017, 4:40 am

Thank you Andrea and Rusty! Being able to bring concerns here is as big as bringing joys. Some concerns are harder to share than others, but you halp doesn’t come if they aren’t shared. There has been some progress, my son will be helped so he can support himself. There have been many struggles for him through life, hopefully this one will be soon resolved and he can build. Having a job that supports him is crucial. Thank you all who have prayed and expressed concern. It is very much appreciated and helpful.

• Jill April 19, 2017, 5:28 am

I must cling to Christ – my Living Hope. Praise the Father that we serve a Living Lord. This upside down Gospel – this is our Hope. The moment to moment transformation, this minuscule bit by bit changing and turning – His vision of metamorphosis. Lord – help my unbelief, forgive my doubting. Please, have Thine Own Way.
    O Father – I lift up this family here and the individual trials and sufferings – may they be but a moment. On Your time schedule they are. Thy Will be done, but comfort us as this family longs to remain faithful to You and Your Kingdom. Indeed, the evil one is a conniving predator – may our ears be attuned to Your Spirit more. For Lou – as she continues to watch over her children, while finding her way through this unchartered territory. Might she sense Your Presence and Hand as she traverses this path. For Robert – such a helper to his family and yet these words from his son. You are faithful Father – and I know Robert’s eyes are set on You.
    Grateful for an afternoon walk in the sunshine yesterday with my sister. Last night at Young Moms – a little one fell asleep during the discussion period. When the activity was to begin – he was still knocked out. I held him while his mom participated in the activity. About 35 minutes or so of sitting silently with this little one in my arms. Unexpected blessing of serenity.

• Mary Ng Shwu Ling April 19, 2017, 6:20 am

Thank you Father God for giving us hope and love that will never let us go.

Father God, we want to uplift those who are struggling with addictions. May you help them to be empowered to live a victorious life in Christ Jesus and be a powerful testimony for you.

• robert moeller April 19, 2017, 6:44 am

Thank you, Mary and Jill. My son has mild ADD and has had depression, mood swings are not uncommon. Hopefully some help coming his way soon will make a big difference. Yes, I look to the Lord, guidance, patience, and wisdom are needed. I also need to correct my own behavior and be assertive when I should.

Little ones asleep on your lap are a wonderful blessing.

• Mary Ng Shwu Ling April 22, 2017, 5:23 am

Will continue to pray for your son and family, Robert. May God meet his needs and grant him an understanding heart.

• Betsy April 19, 2017, 7:08 am

Mary’s faith was so strong that Easter morning. She came to find her Lord. I long for that hope as I face struggles in my life. Transform us now in small ways, Lord, so that w can meet life’s challenges ahead. Amen

• Julie April 19, 2017, 8:04 am

I recite the entire serenity prayer each morning and one of lines “accepting hardships as the pathway to peace” comes to mind
    We, as did Mary had to, accept the hardshiip of the crucifixion to receive the peaaceof the resurrectioon
    Likewise the troubles on earth must be endured for the everlasting peace
    but more immediately when trouble is at our door — we know that even during our life this too shall pass
    prayers for all in turmoil today

• Andrea April 19, 2017, 8:07 am

“At the heart of things stands a resurrection love that will never let us go.” Powerful words.

Jill, I pray for you to feel better steadily and recover your strength soon. Thank you for your words yesterday. I am thankful for your prayers. I am focusing on keeping the conversation going with God and being mindful of the resurrection love.

With prayers for all who visit here, and with prayers for those dealing with addiction. Substituting God-worship with substance-worship (or whatever one is addicted to) is paramount to recovery.

Wishing all a blessed day.

• Vicki April 19, 2017, 6:11 pm

I have been enjoying the Upper Room site for many years. I have not posted before. I just want to say how much all your posts mean to me. You all are such an inspiration and you help me find different ways to look at things and feel closer to God. I really feel that I am becoming a better person from learning from your struggles – I am still a work in progress.

You are a blessing to me in my life. Thank you all. I wish us all peace and strength as we work through our struggles.

• robert moeller April 20, 2017, 7:09 am

Thankful for your post, Vicki, we are all “a work in progress” until the day we meet the Lord. God is the potter, we are the clay. Mold me and make me, this is what I pray.

Blessings to all who come to the UR.

• Connie April 20, 2017, 8:54 am

Hello, Vicki, glad to meet you. God bless you.