Share the Gifts I Have Received

LORD JESUS,
may I trust the faithfulness of your Father
who feathers and feeds the birds.
In the people I meet,
the places I go,
the food that I eat,
help me to see and hear,
taste and touch
the abundance of your grace
within the landscape of your love.
Set me free from anxiety
and the burden of excess
so that I may share with others
the gifts I have received.

– Sam Hamilton-Poore
Earth Gospel: A Guide to Prayer for God’s Creation

From pages 105-106 of Earth Gospel: A Guide to Prayer for God’s Creation by Sam Hamilton-Poore. Copyright © 2008 by Sam Hamilton-Poore. All rights reserved. Used by permission of Upper Room Books. http://bookstore.upperroom.org/ Learn more about or purchase this book.

Pray today’s prayer. Share your thoughts.

But God proves his love for us in that while we still were sinners Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8, NRSV

This Week: pray for someone who is experiencing a new beginning. Submit your prayer to The Upper Room Living Prayer Center or share it in the comment section.

This week we remember: Boniface (June 13).

• robert moeller June 16, 2017, 5:37 am

“Set me free from anxiety and the burden of excess so that I may share with others the gifts I have received.” Yes, Lord, help me do this especially when others need support. Thankfully I think in some small way I was able to do this yesterday.

A very unexpected turn of events has Erich looking for a new job. Had he known what he now knows, he would not have applied. He was asked and being trained to do jobs that are not what he signed on to do. Lord, guide him and direct him that he finds the job suited to him.

I am thankful that his situation is not so urgent, it’s not a matter of no job no livelihood, but it was very upsetting and totally unexpected. Calm has returned and he is diligently searching again. Thankful I can provide support.
    This may be the new beginning mentioned in this week’s posts.

Thank You, Lord, for new beginnings.

• Mary Ng Shwu Ling June 17, 2017, 2:14 am

Robert, sorry to hear that Erich did not like his previous job. I will continue to pray for him. Actually, there is no perfect job. We just need to tolerate the task and chaklenges that we do not like and persevere.

May God grant Erich perseverance as he move on to his new job.

• robert moeller June 17, 2017, 5:50 am

There were three jobs and training, orientation for all three was extended to everyone. Thankfully you do not have to qualify for all three to do the job you chose. As a skier Erich is more interested in and has more experience with lifts, in this case a gondola. The other two jobs are more mountaineering related: a zip line down the mountain and an obstacle course. Yes, Mary, there are aspects of even the job you want to do that are unpleasant, but must be done. We accept them because the overall job is more to our liking. Thank you for your comments and prayers.

• robert moeller June 16, 2017, 5:40 am

There was progress in other activities of the day. Look and you will find blessings.

• Lou June 16, 2017, 6:21 am

New beginnings are not always easy- help me to trust in you Lord and know that it is not my will but Your will be done. I am feeling overwhelmed by all that I need to figure out and do on my own in my new beginning – that I really did not want. Your will Lord, not mine. I have to remind myself. Prayers for my youngest who is struggling with anxiety. Prayers for my middle daughter who has a new summer job with many demands and I can hear the insecurity in her voice. Prayers for my oldest son who is struggling in his first new job post college. Prayers for Erich as he figures out his next steps. Bless all of those struggling with employment issues- l pray that the Lord will guide our children and help us as parents to continue to support them.
    Prayers for healing and relief from intense physical pain that I have been enduring. I sometimes think I have been given the physical pain to distract me from my emotional pain…but I am overwhelmed by it all – I pray for mercy, relief and healing in all areas of my life.
    I faithfully follow this community and I pray daily for all of the concerns lifted up here.
    Prayers especially for Jill ending her school year and Rusty-I miss both of your posts. Grateful for the regular posters who offer so much-God bless you all.
    Peace.

• robert moeller June 16, 2017, 8:21 am

Lou, I very much hear your heart here. You have three children. Prayers for all of you. So many things on your plate, yet you post and know that you are in God’s hands. That is a real blessing.

Yes, I too miss Jill and Rusty and their very helpful posts. I pray they are well.

• Mary Ng Shwu Ling June 17, 2017, 2:17 am

Lou, may God’s healing hands be upon you both physically and emotionally.

• Julie June 16, 2017, 7:43 am

Oh Lou, I feel your pain and anguish and I hurt for you and my heart cries, my Christian sister. I lift up you and your family in prayer. I too look forward to and find solace in this small community. I wish however that I could give you a hug and hold your hand. Please knw that I am doing this in my heart.
    I look forward to the posts here and reoice and grieve with each of you.
    Robert, how unfortunate for Erich. Continued prayers for him and you.
    My physical pain also coninues and my contentious marrige will never ease. The marriage is broken and has been for decades. I cannot leave because of physical issues. At one time I worked as an engineer and bought my own house while raising my daughter. Now I cannot physically work and it is very difficult.
    Blessings for all of our small UR community.

• robert moeller June 16, 2017, 8:28 am

Julie, prayers for your physical pain and broken marriage, thank you for your prayers for Erich. Just when things seemed to be headed in the right direction
      there was a sharp U turn. There are three types of positions at the job site. He applied for one of them and was then asked, required to train for all three. None of that was in the interview. He’s already working on finding another job. It will take a little resettling as well. Thankfully it isn’t a situation where with no job he has no support.

God watches over all of us, when we turn to God, help is there. Sometimes it is what we looked for and sometimes it isn’t, God’s way remains the best way.