God Makes All Things New

I BELIEVE THAT it is God’s nature to heal, that is, to continue creating us to be the unique persons God intends. When we are sick; when disaster strikes; when we are buffeted by betrayal, tragedy, abuse, or our own sin; when we are oppressed by distorted social systems, God’s desire is to redeem, transform, and make new.

We are saved, redeemed, and born again not just once but repeatedly throughout our lives as we are invited to grow in grace. This growth continues whether we are old or young, renegade or saintly, overtly suffering or feeling pretty well. We can trust that God is always inviting us to the next step in our growth and healing, even at death. At every stage, age, and circumstance in our lives, God nudges us to grow and change.

– Tilda Norberg
Gathered Together

From page 23 of Gathered Together: Creating Personal Liturgies for Healing and Transformation by Tilda Norberg. Copyright © 2007 by Tilda Norberg. All rights reserved. Used by permission of Upper Room Books. http://bookstore.upperroom.org/ Learn more about or purchase this book.

What do you see God renewing around you? Share your thoughts.

This day shall be a day of remembrance for you. You shall celebrate it as a festival to the LORD; throughout your generations you shall observe it as a perpetual ordinance.

Exodus 12:14, NRSV

This Week: pray for those affected by natural disasters. Submit your prayer to The Upper Room Living Prayer Center or share it in the comment section.

This week we remember: Mother Teresa of Calcutta (August 13).

• Jill September 4, 2017, 5:17 am

How I am trusting this – that He is going to use my current circumstances for His greater good. Not necessarily my greater good and/or comfort. And I want to be able to say this each and every morning. Yes, to trust Him, to seek His face more than I seek relief from discomfort. Oh, and I will fail. Thank goodness – He is merciful.
    Yesterday – the new church was really, really good. Grateful to have gone, and looking forward to what will come.

• Gerri September 4, 2017, 6:47 am

I see and feel God renewing everything in me.My body, my thoughts and actions, my spirit, my relationship with him. Because of a renewed and closer relationship with God I feel a newness of life.I feel that I am at the beginning not near the end of my life. What a gift! Thank you Lord.

• Lou September 4, 2017, 6:53 am

Thankful you are healing and recovering Gerri.

• Lou September 4, 2017, 6:51 am

This reading brought tears to my eyes this morning. And how I do believe this- that we are saved not once but repeatedly in our lives… keep me ever trusting in your Love for me Jesus. In Your love for all of us- may all who come here today know Gods peace that passes all understanding. Lead me, guide me Lord-
    Thankful for less pain and ability to do more this weekend. Thankful for the ability to attend church. Thankful that you found a new church Jill- thankful that Robert has a new church home that he has immersed himself in. Thankful for all who worship him in church or at home -for he is Lord of all. Praise to you Lord for saving us over and over again. Peace to all and prayers for those recovering from disasters – of any kind.

• Julie September 4, 2017, 7:54 am

I am definitely changed since all that I went through with my Reynaud’s prior to proper diagnosis. Some of it is self preservation and not taking a doctor’s words as gospel truth. So Jill, although some of the lessons i learned and changes were spiritul, more compassion and understanding, some are more colloquial. Yes, I am changing and growing every day. Much has to do with the exchaanges here.
    I am oth glad for those finding new church homes and wishful thaat I could do the same. However, my lack of self confidence keeps me home every Sunday. I need to get the courage – may God help me with this conundrum.
    Bessings and may God keep all of you safe today.
    Having a picnic at a lake with my daughter. She likes to fish.

• Betsy September 4, 2017, 7:55 am

“Grow in grace”. Help me to continue, Lord, on this journey of grace with you guiding me. Your grace is evident in the compassion and actions of volunteers in Texas. Amen

• Pam September 4, 2017, 3:52 pm

I agree with EVERYONE here! How powerful He is speaking to me among this group of STRONG Women; Yes, Strong! All of us CONTINUALLY taking up our own individual Crosses and following Him daily!

• Mary Ng Shwu Ling September 4, 2017, 6:56 pm

Thank you God for redeeming us, transforming us and making us new.

May you restore and heal those who are affected by natural disasters.

• robert moeller September 5, 2017, 6:56 am

Wonderful news from Jill, Lou, and Gerri. Finding a church that fits and healing are most welcome events. Yes, Pam there are deep faith women posting here. I pray that Julie can go to church, glad you are going or went fishing with your daughter. Am thankful for my new church, a small, but strong, congregation of believers.

Have no idea why I read the reflection but waited a day to post. God be with you till we meet again.

• Underground Online Seminar 2017 Review September 6, 2017, 3:06 am

Internet Advertising is the brand new land of opportunity!