Ignite Passion

OLD AGE IS NOT A PUNISHMENT but a divine gift. Your life experiences have enriched you beyond measure. Your life brims with countless memories, relationships, stories, and images. Now is not the time to unplug from life. Invite a new passion to settle into your thoughts. God can restore a brighter outlook as you look forward to a new day.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, take away the dimness of my soul. I confess that I have allowed ____________ to steal my enthusiasm for living. Ignite a passion within me. Reawaken me to your presence. Where there is grayness, let me see color. Enable me to find purpose in living when there seems to be none. Amen.

– Missy Buchanan
Aging Faithfully

From pages 10–11 of Aging Faithfully: 28 Days of Prayer by Missy Buchanan. Copyright © 2011 by Missy Buchanan. All rights reserved. Used by permission of Upper Room Books. http://bookstore.upperroom.org/ Learn more about or purchase this book.

Pray today’s prayer. Share your thoughts.

114:7 Tremble, O earth, at the presence of the LORD, at the presence of the God of Jacob, who turns the rock into a pool of water, the flint into a spring of water.

Psalm 114:7-8, NRSV

This Week: pray for those affected by natural disasters. Submit your prayer to The Upper Room Living Prayer Center or share it in the comment section.

This week we remember: Catherine of Genoa September 15).

• Lou September 13, 2017, 12:22 am

Thank you for all of your prayers of support and healing.
    God bless you all today.
    Peace.

• Jill September 13, 2017, 3:45 am

I pray this prayer for my mother. So grateful that dad shines brightly beside her. Father – thank You for both of them.
    I miss hearing from Andrea. Father – I pray that You are with her, and that she is drawing from You. Please continue to hold Rusty and K in Your hands, as well.
    Grateful for the love and support offered here amongst us. I definitely sense the Spirit’s presence hovering over this place and us.

• robert moeller September 13, 2017, 4:51 am

Thankful for a beautiful day yesterday, a positive constructive day working on a railroad historical archive with another archivist, picked up more pie plates for my son, and had a wonderful supper he prepared. Watched Martin Luther on PBS and fell asleep.

Thankful for the UR, the help God provides through it, and the fellowship we share. Glad you are healing, Lou. Yes, I too miss Andrea and Rusty and pray for medical help for K. Prayers too for Jill’s Mom. Lord, we all need You in different ways. Thankful that You know us so well that You can help us both individually and collectively.

Prayers for all who were directly or indirectly affected by hurricanes and an earthquake. Help us help each other as rescue and recovery turns to rebuilding and restoration.

God’s peace be with you till we meet again. Thank You, Lord.

• Gerri September 13, 2017, 6:05 am

Living faithfully with the Heavenly Father in mind,body and spirit,day by day, moment to moment brings enthusiasm and purpose in living no matter the age. I think of Isaiah 40:31. I think of mounting wings like an eagle and running and not growing weary,of walking and not fainting. All because of a constant renewal of enthusiasm and,purpose. This is given through faithfulness to the Lord.

• Julie September 13, 2017, 7:58 am

Lou, I love you and pray fervently for you daily. I pray that through this surgery and your doctors that God heals you completely and that you have no more pain.
    I too miss those who are not posting lately.
    I need to recite this prayer daily. I have no life purpose and am very lonely.
    I pray for those who are experiencing tragedy aand loss through the current natural disasters as well as those who are helping to rebuild and support cleanup.
    Blessings and prayers for all those who visit here both today and in the past. May you all feel the Lord’s loving arms embracing you and giving you the strength to persever.

• Julie September 13, 2017, 8:00 am

sorry
    persevere

• Connie September 13, 2017, 8:36 am

Yes, my soul has grown dim.
    Yes, I have let fatigue steal my enthusiasm.
    Lord, restore my energy and my passion I pray. Amen
    (Missy Buchanan’s contributions always touch me)

• Marcy September 13, 2017, 9:24 am

I have aallowed depression to steal my enthusiasm. I will also pray this prayer every day. God will never leave us or forsake us. I am so thankful to God for my faithfulness to Him, keeping me filled with hope, no matter what.
    I’m praying for speedy recovery from surgery for Lou. Praying for Jill and her family, God is holding you all close. Julie, you are so good with your prayers for others. I pray that we both remember we are never alone because God loves us and cherishes all His children. Lord, please restore energy to all here working so hard and feeling fatigue.
    I fell asleep before the end of Martin Lutherr last night, Robert. It came on llate in the evening, but will get a chance to watch it this afternoon!
    Praying for all dealing with the aftermath of natural disasters, it’s going to be a long road for many. Prayers for everyone donating to help the survivors get back to normal or find a different path.
    Prayers for all here and beyond. Rejoice in the Lord always! Rejoice!

• Mary Ng Shwu Ling September 13, 2017, 10:36 am

Yes, reawaken me to your presence, Lord!

Blessings to all!

• Louise September 13, 2017, 8:32 pm

I am so thankful for UR! It brings so many hope, prayer, and peace. I pray for Mary who needs to be re-awakened. I pray for Marcy who struggles with depression. I pray for Connie who has grown dim in enthusiasm. I pray for Julie who feels she has no life purpose and she is lonely.
    I pray for strength for Gerri. I pray for Robert and all of his worries. I pray for Jill’s mom. I pray for Lou that her pain subsides. This is a wonderful place. I pray for all those who suffer with mental, physical, and spiritual struggles. I pray for all that have gone through earthquakes, hurricanes, and tornadoes…may you all find peace.

• Mary Ng Shwu Ling September 13, 2017, 11:24 pm

Thanks so much Louise for your prayers!

May God bless you and your family abundantly!