Praise

OPEN MY MOUTH, LORD, that praise may flow more easily than requests, thanks more readily than complaints.
Praise be to you, O Lord, for life and my intense desire to live.
Praise be to you for the mystery of love and for my intense desire to be a lover.
Praise be to you for this day, for life and another chance to live, love, and be loved. Amen.

The Africana Worship Book, Year C

Prayer by Ray C. Jordan. From page 32 of The Africana Worship Book: Year C, edited by Valerie Bridgeman Davis and Safiyah Fosua. Copyright © 2008 by Discipleship Resources. All rights reserved. Used by permission of Discipleship Resources. http://bookstore.upperroom.org/ Learn more about or purchase this book.

Pray today’s prayer. Share your thoughts.

“For the kingdom of heaven is like a landowner who went out early in the morning to hire laborers for his vineyard.”
Matthew 20:1, NRSV

This Week: pray for Bible study and Christian fellowship groups. Submit your prayer to The Upper Room Living Prayer Center or share it in the comment section.

This week we remember: Matthew/a> September 21).

• Louise September 23, 2017, 7:11 am

This prayer brings my thoughts to “The Prayer of Saint Frances” that I pray every morning and throughout my day. It keeps me focused on peace through giving. I pray for all that are suffering mentally, physically, and spiritually. I pray for all here at UR. I pray for all that are trying to regain their lives after being pelted with horrendous weather. I pray that I will be the best version of myself today.

• robert moeller September 23, 2017, 7:39 am

Thank you, Louise, and Amen to your prayer.

Grateful for the wonderful weather we are having, it has be great to be outside walking. I may warm up a bit before we have more typical fall weather.

My son’s pie is ready for the pie contest. He has become a very good pie maker and we enjoyed a piece of a second pie last night.

Prayers for all of the UR family, your needs, concerns, and joys, have a great weekend, and a blessed Sunday.

• Julie September 23, 2017, 8:37 am

Robert, which pie contest and what pie is he entering. That is very exciting.

• robert moeller September 23, 2017, 11:59 am

It is a an apple pie contest at Stowe Vibrancy in Stowe Vt. My son has learned to bake apple pies the way his Mom made them and he has learned a lot in a short time. It’s a great looking and tasting pie. We’ll see what happens.

• Marcy September 23, 2017, 12:34 pm

Love apple pie! Does Erich make the crust from scratch? I admit using store bought “bottoms and tops” in my attempts way back when.

• robert moeller September 23, 2017, 2:06 pm

Yes, Erich’s pies are scratch from crust to filling.

There were about 6 pies entered in the contest. Erich didn’t win, but thinks he took the pie out a little early for fear it would brown too much. It’s a tasty pie, but perhaps the apples were found a bit too crunchy. Anyhow, he has learned a lot and we most certainly will enjoy the rest if the pie. There’s a lobster dinner tonight with pie for dessert.

• Julie September 23, 2017, 7:51 am

Yes, let me praise and give thanks instead of ask and lament. Let me see the beauty of the world and in people even during times of duress. Lord, let me enjoy aand be joyful in this life you have given me.
    Prayers for those living through the natural disasters and blessings for those who are helping. Please Lord, watch over all of them and keep them safe.
    Blessings and prayers to all of my UR friends and fellow prayer warriors.

• Lou September 23, 2017, 11:09 am

Praise to you almighty God.
    I will keep that prayer – print it and keep it with me – if only the whole world prayed that prayer we would all be ok- you are all I need Lord-
    Grateful for the contributions above-
    Good luck to Erich…
    I believe God wants us to be joyful, praise Him, and have fun doing things like pie contests,playing golf, and taking walks –
    Prayers for all the UR warriors.
    Peace

• robert moeller September 23, 2017, 12:02 pm

Thank you, Lou, the pie is in and we’ll go soon to see what other pies look like and pick up his pie plate. So far it has been a great day with nice weather, the pie submitted, food shopping, and lunch.

• Marcy September 23, 2017, 12:12 pm

Yes, “Lord, praise be to You for this day, for life and another chance to live, love, and be loved.”

Thank you, Louise, for sharing “The Prayer of Saint Francis”. I’ve saved it on my phone and will work to memorize it.

Robert, wishing Erich much luck with the pie contest and glad you are enjoying your walks and prayer time when doing so.

Joining you in prayer, Julie, for those devastated by recent disasters here and around the world. Thankful for the many brave and compassionate responders, rescuers and those healing and helping the survivors. Prayers for the families and friends of those who lost their lives.

I agree, Lou, that God wants us to experience joy in our lives and I also think He wants us to share our joy.

Prayers for all here in the UR family and beyond. Praying for all dealing with mental, emotional, physical and spiritual challenges. Thankful for daily insights gained here. Grateful for God’s abundant love and for the prayers of all here, reading, posting or both. Praise the Lord!

• robert moeller September 26, 2017, 3:09 am

Yes, Marcy. I’m in full agreement with your comments. Very glad you are posting too.