Untamed Spirit

UNTAMED SPIRIT:
Rough up my “conventional values”
with the wildness of your love and creativity.
Help me to let go
of my need to predict and control
and let me enter
the unmapped regions
of your grace.

– Sam Hamilton-Poore
Earth Gospel

From page 112 of Earth Gospel: A Guide to Prayer for God’s Creation by Sam Hamilton-Poore. Copyright © 2008 by Sam Hamilton-Poore. All rights reserved. Used by permission of Upper Room Books. http://bookstore.upperroom.org/ Learn more about or purchase this book.

Pray today’s prayer. Share your thoughts.

Give ear, O my people, to my teaching; incline your ears to the words of my mouth.
Psalm 78:1, NRSV

This Week: pray for victims of natural disasters. Submit your prayer to The Upper Room Living Prayer Center or share it in the comment section.

This week we remember: Leoba, September 28).

• Jill September 26, 2017, 3:46 am

Help me to let go of (what I think is) my need to control. I desire anew this morning, to submit to Your direction, Your vision, Your grace.
    Thank you, friends, for your words of encouragement, as well as your prayers. We serve, love and are loved by a wonderful Father, whose faithfulness knows no end.

• Louise September 26, 2017, 4:15 am

When I realized that I was not in control is when I truly started following God. I am not in control I am on a journey with God. He guides me everyday. Traveling the unmapped regions of Gods grace and allowing Him to guide me through the trials and tribulations of everyday life is now a comforting way to live. Life is not meant to be easy…there is always going to be pain and suffering but when I ask for help and guidence and I listen and see His messages I know that I will be okay. God bless all here at UR. I pray for all who struggle that you will find peace.

• robert moeller September 26, 2017, 7:38 am

Having a hard time putting my thoughts into words. What I can control is so minute in comparison to what God can and does control. Putting God first, asking for God’s wisdom and guidance, and then trusting things will work out is what I try to do. I can attest that this has been a good way to go.

Agree with the posts from Jill and Louise. Prayers for God’s help with the problems we face and give thanks for the blessings we receive. Thankful my friend’s wife is home from the hospital, my son and I enjoy wonderful meals.
    Prayers for the people recovering from earthquakes and hurricanes.
    Blessings to all the UR family, very glad to meet you here. Thank You, Lord.

• Julie September 26, 2017, 7:56 am

Unfortunately, this is a conceept I stuggle with. My health issues force me to realize that I have no control. But then that meaans God has brought this pain and deformity to me. For what purpose, to strengthen me? For me to come to Him for strength? For me to realize that He is in control? I attended a 12 step program for adult children of alcoholics and so haave been struggling with this concept for many years.
    Prayers for all of the hurting people, both in the world where mother nature (God) has wreaked havoc as well as those here.

• Pam September 26, 2017, 8:28 am

Hi, Julie (all). I am no longer surprised by all the connections and coincidences I continue to discover here. I, too am an adult child of an alcoholic. When I was quite young there was a single instance where my father actually WANTED to attend an AA meeting and my mother did not want to go with him so I did. Also, like you, I suffer from incurable physical illness but as I grow older, (55 tomorrow), i understand so many tough things I endured; (even with my own difficult daughters), eventually helped me minister to friends and loved ones still in the valley. Blessings and Mountain Top views to you and all today!

• Marcy September 26, 2017, 8:51 am

Hi Pam! Yes, you are definty among God’s children here and thr support is here provide is pricelesss. God comfortss us, so we can comfrt others.

May God bless you and keerp you and your family safe ad well!

• Julie September 26, 2017, 10:13 am

Happy birthday and yes we all have so much in common
        Blessings to you

• Marcy September 26, 2017, 8:43 am

I havr learned that I have little control over the physical issues I drsl with daily. Right befote I posted here, a blood presdure pill pill rolled under my bed and it took me 5 minutes to fight my way back up. Couldn’t let it sit there because of my cat. I’m not correcting my typing on the phone here anymore either, it takes too long and itd obvious what I mean. I hope. So what to do? Let go, let God. Over and over again. Let go, let God.

One thing about not getting out much, I have lots of timr to spend with God in Scripture. We have faith in what we don’t yet see. Faith without sigt. And I know I’m not home yet

Agree with evryone above. Please know your such a blessing to one another, sharing yourselves and God’s Word.

Prayers for all living in damaged areas and their rescue, relief workrs.

Grateful for God’s love. Thankful to see there are so many followers of Christ here and beyond. Faith, hope and love to all.

• robert moeller September 27, 2017, 4:14 am

Marcy, your messages comes through very clearly. Your typing improved too!
      Glad you were able to find and retrieve your medicine, have been there and done that. Keep posting, you have helpful words to share.

• Marcy September 26, 2017, 8:58 am

Sorry, I think I replied in wrong place. God be with you all

• Andrea September 26, 2017, 10:17 am

I have been reading the reflections and your comments every day and I pray with you. I have had new health diagnoses of severe allergies and vocal cord dysfunction, which led to two episodes, one prolonged, with some breathing difficulty. I am better now. I am getting speech therapy to learn a new way to breathe and to stave off coughing. It is a moment to moment thing with concentrating on a new way to breathe. I don’t have the energy I used to have but am not experiencing distress now. I am just so grateful for my blessings and aware of how precious each day is and I trust God in whatever lies down the road.

My husband, daughter, son- in- law and grandson are doing well, all things considered, and are the joy of my life.

My prayers for new UR friends and for the faithful regulars, and for all prayer-warriors who visit here. Jill and Robert, you are such strong witnesses. My prayers continue for Erich as he finds his way in life. I would have loved a piece of that pie! Rusty, your absence from posting does not erase for me a sense of your presence here.

For those who remember my family issues – I went to a family gathering a couple weeks ago at which I saw and conversed with my two siblings and my sister-in-law. I felt strong and centered and gave them hugs.

This reflection has great significance to where I am at. I am thankful for UR and for all who share their journeys and prayers here. Wishing you all God’s abundant blessings and the peace of God which passes all understanding.

• robert moeller September 27, 2017, 4:09 am

Very glad to read your post, know that you were with us as a reader, and are doing better. You most certainly were missed and I too feel the connection to Rusty. Blessed be the tie that binds. It endures through time. Many blessings, it was a wonderful surprise to hear from you.

• Gerri September 26, 2017, 7:05 pm

Lord as you help me with the need to predict, I am learning to put the day into your hands. When I do, it becomes a day of goodness, mercy,wisdom and pleasant surprises. I am thankful for your everlasting love. Amen