God of the Heavens

MAY THE GOD of the heavens
and of the earth
enter into the place within you
that holds the keenest chaos,
the deepest mystery,
the most intense darkness

and there
may the God of
sun and moon
stars and seasons
breathe the words
that will bring forth
a new world.

In the Sanctuary of Women

From page 254 of In the Sanctuary of Women: A Companion for Reflection & Prayer by Jan L. Richardson. Copyright © 2010 by Jan L. Richardson. All rights reserved. Used by permission of Upper Room Books. http://bookstore.upperroom.org/ Learn more about or purchase this book.

Pray today’s prayer. Share your thoughts.

But remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you power to get wealth, so that he may confirm his covenant that he swore to your ancestors, as he is doing today.
Deuteronomy 8:18, NRSV

This Week: pray for your friends. Submit your prayer to The Upper Room Living Prayer Center or share it in the comment section.

This week we remember: Wilfrid, October 12).

• Jill October 9, 2017, 3:57 am

Father – You bring life and peace where once existed chaos and darkness. And You do it over and over. Praise only to You.
    Time with my folks yesterday was very nice. Lunch went well. Mom made me some gluten free chocolate chip cookies as I am making serious dietary changes in an effort to keep inflammation low. They were pretty tasty. We then went to an autumn arts and crafts festival and to see the house that my youngest nephew and his wife just purchased. It is very near to the school where I teach.
    Church continues to be a blessing, so glad God led me there.

• robert moeller October 9, 2017, 5:03 am

Jill, thankful that the changes you are making are helpful for you. God is with you just as with every believer. Thank You, Lord. We most certainly need you and are blest by Your presence.

Quite a day here yesterday, saw my friend, had a good time. The chest was picked up and I was paid. Saw quite a baseball game, had a wonderful supper, and helped my son with his cat.

Off to heart rehab soon, it starts at 7:30 in the morning and lasts an hour. Erich has a job interview today. Lord, guide us always that with Your help we stay on the path that leads us home. Thankful for kindred souls here at the UR. I don’t have all the right words that describe what happens here, but it is most certainly good. Thank You, Lord.

• Marcy October 9, 2017, 6:42 am

Yes, O God of the Universe, You spoke the words and everything came into being. You are an awesome and wonderful God.

Good to hear the diet is making a difference, Jill. I tried to go gluten free also. Having some difficulty doing so. How long before you saw results?

Sending prayers to you and Erich, Robert, for your heart rehab and Erich’s interview. Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. Say hello to Erich’s cat from mine!

God paints such spectacular scenery, especially in Autumn. I’m going to try to walk a bit today to enjoy His creation. My Pastor came to visit yesterday and brought some groceries for me. So thankful that God is present in so many ways. Had an extremely painful week last Monday through Thursday, migraines are coming more often and lasting longer. Neuro appt. not until the end of November. I still posted a little last week and read the posts here (was difficult to see) and was uplifted by the Lord through everyone, even with all the issues of the state of things.

Grateful for our friendship here in the UR family. Thankful to God for all He does in our lives every day. Praying for everyone here and beyond for relief from mental, emotional and physical pain. Strengthen us spiritually, Father, when we are in need. Prayers for all who care for others in so many ways. Rejoicing in the Lord always!

• Julie October 9, 2017, 7:49 am

Prayers for all of my friends here at the UR. Spent yesterday with my daughter at the Carnegie Museum of Art. They had a special day of wellness. We enjoyed yoga and meditation with beautiful music by crystals and a digaradoo(sp). We went on a special docent led tour of soome of the art pieces. Then went to my favorite restaurant for dinner. I thank God daily for the relationship I enjoy with my daughter.
    Robert and Erich, good luck both of you today. Marcy, hope you get out for your walk. Jill, praying for relief for you.
    Blessings and prayers for all

• Marcy October 9, 2017, 8:18 am

Missed you yesterday, Julie. Glad to hear you had such a calming, healing day and enjoyed quality time with your daughter. Had a very short walk, too much shaking, and three flights of stairs upon returning is daunting, but it’s a start and feel better for trying. Yes, God’s blessings to all.

• Connie October 9, 2017, 8:45 am

“Breathe on me Breath of God, till I am wholly Thine.
    Till all this earthly part of me glows with Thy fire divine”

• Andrea October 9, 2017, 11:19 am

“Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.”
    Our God walks with us through everything we pass.
    Prayers for UR friends.

• Marcy October 9, 2017, 2:02 pm

UR family, your prayers for me have been heard and God’s grace has been visited upon me! The Neurologist office just called and I have my first appt this Friday. I’m so relieved I don’t have to suffer through a dozen more migraines before initial visit.

I’m crying tears of thanks to God, and now will pray for answers. These migraines have been so debilitating, lasting days, up to ten days once, still affecting my sight. Just so thankful, couldn’t wait to share with you all. (And a Bluetooth keyboard for my phone that I couldn’t find. Makes typing easier, not necessarily faster!)

Thank you, Almighty God. One step at a time and You are with me every step of the way. Rejoicing in the Lord. Amen.

• Pam October 9, 2017, 7:39 pm

Praise God, Marcy! And continued prayers of Blessings and healing for ALL!