Trust In God

MANY DEMANDS UPON OUR TIME and many opportunities waiting to be explored often fill our lives too full with activities and distractions. When this happens it is not surprising that we grow anxious and lose our sense of peace and tranquility.

Today remember that God and God alone is able to care for all that exists; we can trust our smallest and largest concern to the wisdom and love of God. Peace, hope, calm, and joy are the fruits of placing our confidence in God. May these gifts be yours in abundance.

– Rueben P. Job
A Guide to Prayer for All Who Seek God

From pages 369-370 of A Guide to Prayer for All Who Seek God by Norman Shawchuck and Rueben P. Job. Copyright © 2003 by Norman Shawchuck and Rueben P. Job. All rights reserved. Used by permission of Upper Room Books. http://bookstore.upperroom.org/ Learn more about or purchase this book.

Recall a time when you clearly placed your trust in God. Describe that experience. Share your thoughts.

Do not worry about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
Philippians 4:6, NRSV

This Week: pray for grandparents. Submit your prayer to The Upper Room Living Prayer Center or share it in the comment section.

This week we remember: Francis of Assisi, October 4).

• Jill October 13, 2017, 3:43 am

I am living it right now…my trust is in Him, my Rock. And, yes, the peace has come overflowing. He sustains me physically, emotionally and spiritually. I have learned to look to Him for strength for the day…maybe not even that, just strength to get through my last class. And He has faithfully provided sufficient energy and concentration to make it to 1:45 each school day. On the evenings I have Bible Study/small group – I am able to come home and rest prior to those. The contact, conversation and sharing on those evenings sustains me as well.
    Grateful for time with my spiritual director yesterday, had cancelled the previous month’s appt. Grateful for safe travels to see her and home, and sufficient energy for the day.

• robert moeller October 13, 2017, 5:04 am

Thankful for a safe and good trip with my son Wed-Thur. Made a visit to a zoo that is a long time favorite, bought food we can’t easily get here, and all went well.

God most certainly helped me through that trip. There were times I needed to be patient and patience came. The car has a lot of miles on it and we made it.
    Traffic was not a problem, even in busy heavy traffic, we kept moving. Home safely on dark roads where white lines showed up clearly.

Everyday God us with me. Am more aware as I recover from a heart attack.
    Our existence depends on God. Resources come from God and make life possible.

Prayers for grandparents and all that God enables them/us to do. May God’s peace be with you as you make your way today. One day at a time we live in God’s love, mercy, and grace. Thank You, Lord.

• Jean October 13, 2017, 6:31 am

Thank you to all who share here, but especially to you, Jill and Robert. I only replied one time before & Connie graciously welcomed me. I look for her sharing as well and have missed it of late.

This is one of my “go to” reflection sites first thing in the morning.
    The reflections are always helpful in many different ways. I, especially, look forward to reading what you share as it is so true to what you are experiencing in your lives, as well as your ongoing faith journeys along the way.

My faith is often filled with doubts and I continue to seek to eliminate them and be more faith filled. Your ongoing sharing lifts me up and encourages me. Life has been, and continues to be, filled with many heart wrenching struggles. I might not contribute frequently, but I am most grateful to all of you who do.

God bless you in your struggles and may you have many moments of joy to sustain you. Thank you, again, for all you contribute to this site.

• robert moeller October 13, 2017, 9:18 am

Thank you, Jean, for coming to the UR. God guides each of us on our actions when coming here. There is no right or wrong way. Glad that you benefit from the sharing that happens. We are all members of the body of Christ. Blessings to you on your faith journey, thank you for your post. God is good all the time.

• Lou October 13, 2017, 6:57 am

God and God alone…..
    I agree that the sharing of the faithful that come here is so helpful and gives me faith-
    Thank you Marcy for your recommendation yesterday – I will get that and read it.
    Prayers for Connie- I too miss her when she is absent here.
    Thankful for all of the regular posters and new ones as well.
    Bless all who come here today –

• Julie October 13, 2017, 7:43 am

Welcome, Jean, it is wonderful to have another friend to visit and post whenever you can. Please feel free to share your pain and stuggles. I have found that no matter what I share, someone here has gone through similar circumstances and can provide valuable insight.
    Thankful for your safe travel, Robert.
    Attended a Tim McGraw and Faith Hill concert last night with my daughter. So thankful to be able to enjoy such times with my daughter. I thank God for her and our relationship.
    Blessingss and joy to my fellow oasis inhabitants

• Connie October 13, 2017, 8:39 am

Hello, Jean.
    Oh, I am here and with you all–every day!
    I have placed my faith in God many times. He has met my every need. I was a young single Mother of two who hadn’t worked for years. I got a job at a hospital in short time and worked there for many years. Miraculously, none of my appliances failed ( this sounds strange, but they were not new ones) and we had a comfortable life. “I love to tell the story”…….

• Marcy October 13, 2017, 1:40 pm

Am thankful for your presence, Connie, whether posting or not. I didn’t realize you read the posts every day. Sorry. God bless….

• Mary Ng Shwu Ling October 17, 2017, 8:25 pm

Praise God!

• Marcy October 13, 2017, 9:06 am

Yes, I am of aware of how true it is that God and God alone is able to take care of all that exists. He does sustain me, love me and guide me through everything. I’m listening and looking for Him through these difficult times. When I receive and respond to His Word, I find some very sweet peace. I say “when” because I don’t always understand correctly and have to adjust. I willingly obey Him and lovingly adore my Father God.

So happy for you, Jill, and hope to get to your level of understanding and won’t give up . I look to the Lord to lead me.

Robert, glad the car held up well and that you and Erich got home safely and had a good trip together. It is true that patience is a virtue. Thankful for your perseverance, and God’s help that saw you through your heart attack and seeing you through heart rehab. Glad to have you back.

Lou, I agree also that our sharing among us is so good for everyone. For myself, it is integral to my walk with God and all we learn from each other. I hope the reading I told you about is helpful. I meant to tell you that I felt it spoke me as well.

Yes, Jean, I miss Connie’s input as well. She quotes Bible verses and thoughts that contribute so well to all here.

Julie, it’s good to hear you enjoyed the concert and precious time with your daughter. When I had cable years ago and they still did music videos, Faith Hill and Tim McGraw were among my favorites.

Today I have my neurologist appointment and hope they do a MRI to track the progression of the foraminal stenosis in my neck that’s causing such pain and migraine headaches. The last one was done over fifteen years ago. I’m praying I’ll be able to get this laundry list of physical maladies washed, dried and put away before I lose healthcare, that I won’t remain disabled and that God will help me bear what’s left over. It is His will, not mine.

So thankful for this little piece of heaven. I continue to pray for each and every one of you and your families, our new members also, for blessings and that God keeps us safe and well here in the UR family and beyond. Grateful for your words and prayers. Praying for our world and God’s powerful healing.

I remember to rejoice in the Lord always, no matter if in the deep valley or high mountain. Love and blessings to all.

• Marcy October 13, 2017, 9:18 am

P.S. so close to Medicare. Pray God will get me there.

• robert moeller October 13, 2017, 9:29 am

The blessings, wisdom, support, and love the flows through this spiritual oasis is beyond human understanding. I am very grateful for all of you who come, it makes no difference if you post or not. Everyone benefits. God is with us all, before and after our time here on earth. Hopefully we come to know God while we are here. That is the ultimate purpose of this life. To know, recognize, and accept God. I’m very thankful when that happens.

• Marcy October 13, 2017, 1:21 pm

Amen!

• Marcy October 13, 2017, 1:35 pm

I was very distressed this morning when the transportation through insurance that I rely on was unable to provide service and didn’t let me know until the last minute. So I missed this very important appointment and now have to wait until October 30th to get started.

Immediately prayed and opened up my Bible and dove in. Feeling much better now and am thankful for God’s strength and guidance. If I am visited with another long term migraine, however, I will do as my primary doctor says and go to the ER.
    I’ve been reluctant to do so, but may have no choice.

Praying for all dealing with mental, emotional, physical and spiritual struggles with the firm belief in our Great Physician’s powerful healing and sustenance. May God bless us in all and everything. I trust in the home Jesus has prepared for us.

• Sharon L. Sanstad October 16, 2017, 5:57 pm

I was 25 days sober and numb. Another story. I was standing in an area between buildings at a local college with some others, taking a break from class. It was a beautiful warm Colorado summer evening. Suddenly all I could see was the distant night sky. I stepped away from my classmates and gave all my attention to this blueish, deep purple, velvety, hypnotic scene before me. There was star after star after star shinning steadfast above the glistening sparkle of city lights below. In a word magnificent! I felt exquisite peace drifting to me, slowly wrapping loving arms around me and it was as if I weighed nothing. Then in slow motion, sweet realization that I was safe and would never be alone again. Spontaneously I asked “You are there aren’t you?” and the audible ever so gentle response was “Always”. It is 23 years later and I still hear His voice.

• Marcy October 17, 2017, 1:07 pm

Beautiful description of God’s grace and majesty, with a blessed ending! Thank you!

• Mary Ng Shwu Ling October 17, 2017, 8:39 pm

When i was studying in the seminary, i bought an apartment with my sister. Therefore, i was servicing the housing loan from my savings. On my final semester, the bank increased the interest rate and i nearly ran out of mo ey as i calculated till i graduated. So i prayed and ine day, a bank officer called to asked whether i would like to change my loan contract as the first year for this new contract, the interest would be lower. I did that and it tied me through my graduation.

God is good! He is my provider and i can trsut in Him!