Lead My Village Toward Your High Places

AS EACH MORNING the shepherd waters his flock, Lord,
I want to lead these sheep to You, the source of life,
so that in You they may have the water of life today.

As each morning the shepherd arises and
goes toward the mountain, so, Lord,
each morning on my knees,
I want to arise and
lead my village toward your High Places,
that it may live this day close to You.

– Michel Bouttier
Prayers for My Village

From page 29 of Prayers for My Village by Michel Bouttier. Translated from the French by Lamar Williamson. Copyright © 1994 by Lamar Williamson. All rights reserved. Used by permission of Upper Room Books. http://bookstore.upperroom.org/ Learn more about or purchase this book.

Pray today’s prayer. Share your thoughts.

Extol the LORD our God, and worship at his holy mountain; for the LORD our God is holy.
Psalm 99:9, NRSV

As you begin prayer time today, become aware of your breath. Share your thoughts.

The LORD is king; let the peoples tremble! He sits enthroned upon the cherubim; let the earth quake!
Psalm 99:1, NRSV

This Week: pray for community leaders. Submit your prayer to The Upper Room Living Prayer Center or share it in the comment section.

This week we remember: Ignatius of Antioch (October 17).

• Julie October 19, 2017, 7:36 am

Yes, God, help me to bring others to you. Help me to be an example of your love to those in my circle of influence.
    Prayers for a friend whose husband is having heart surgery today.
    Prayers and blessings to all who gather here to seek the Lord aand Christiaan fellowship and friendship and understanding

• Connie October 19, 2017, 8:06 am

The Lord is my Shepherd.

• robert moeller October 19, 2017, 8:19 am

Today’s reflection mirrors the goal of my church. It seeks to be active and alive in meeting the needs of the community. Our recent winter clothing donation program helped a lot of people.

Thankful for the UR, this community of believers. Prayers that everyone will reach out to connect with God. It will be a glorious day when that happens.

Peace be with you, now and always.

• Marcy October 19, 2017, 10:00 am

In the Bible, Moses and Samuel were models and leaders who prayed intercessory prayers for the people. Lord, let this be the way I may contribute. One day, when I’m able to serve in the community again, Father, help me to convey Your Word to others.

Julie, I will pray for your friend who is undergoing heart surgery today. God is present and active.

Yes, Connie, The Lord is our Shepherd and we are all His sheep.

Robert, read about Lullus online. I have an interest in reading about the lives of the Saints and had never heard of Lullus before. I found some information on a Catholic website, as most of the entries online were in German. There was a little more information, but you covered most of it in your post. I have German ancestry on both sides of my parents, and have a family tree the family did in storage. Thank you, this was interesting.

I’m praying for each of you here in the UR family, posting or reading, through good times and bad. Thankful for all your prayers and grateful to be a member of the UR family. Hoping to be useful helper. God’s blessings to all!

Rejoicing in the Lord always! From the valley to the mountaintop and everywhere in between, Rejoice!

• robert moeller October 19, 2017, 3:49 pm

Have long had an interest in my family roots. Fortunately there have been many helpful events, pieces of information, experiences that have helped me learn more. Some of the highlights are information in the family Bible, the opportunity to learn German, trips to the towns where my family lived, genealogical research at a church in Germany, and meeting relatives. It takes time and a lot of effort, in some cases money, but most of it comes with perseverance. It has been very rewarding, satisfying for me. I was able to help my Dad who also did a lot of work and found out more. Not everyone is interested in this research and that’s ok too.

• Marcy October 19, 2017, 9:09 pm

Yes, that’s the way to get really good information. My cousin, who’s living on the west coast now, traveled to Europe when he was in this early thirties. My uncle, (his father) went with him and they took a lot of trains as their mode of transportation. They stopped in England, did a little more research there, then came home. That trip lasted all summer! I was working, would have loved to go. Many years later, my dad and I were supposed to go ourselves, but he passed away six months before our trip. I’m just happy I had him for as long as I did.

• robert moeller October 20, 2017, 5:07 am

Was fortunate to go to Germany with both my Dad and my son. I was the translator, driver. Accomplished a lot on our trip.

• Andrea October 19, 2017, 11:21 am

I am thankful for the Good Shepherd, for those shepherd me, and for those I shepherd. I am thankful for this site and for the faithful people posting regularly as well as occasionally. I am thankful for the prayers we pray for one another.

Wishing all a blessed day in your walk with the Good Shepherd.

• Andrea October 19, 2017, 11:22 am

Correction:

• Andrea October 19, 2017, 11:23 am
  • Andrea October 19, 2017, 1:23 pm

Not sure why the blank cpmments happened. The correction should read:
    I am thankful for the Good Shepherd, for those shepherding me, and for those I shepherd.

• Marcy October 19, 2017, 2:29 pm

Amen, Andrea!

• robert moeller October 19, 2017, 3:51 pm

Amen from me as well.
        Very thankful for the opportunities God sends us all.

• Mary Ng Shwu Ling October 19, 2017, 9:56 pm

Yes, this is my prayer: Lead My Village Toward Your High Places!