Grant Me Grace

GRANT ME GRACE this day
to rest and remember
that there is nothing I have to do,
nothing I have to buy or sell,
nothing I have to produce or consume
in order to become who I already am:
your beloved creation.
May your overworked creation
and those who cannot rest today
come to know the liberation of your sabbath.

– Sam Hamilton-Poore
Earth Gospel: A Guide to Prayer for God’s Creation

From page 129 of Earth Gospel by Sam Hamilton-Poore. Copyright © 2008 by Sam Hamilton-Poore. Used with permission of Upper Room Books. http://bookstore.upperroom.org/ Learn more about or purchase this book.

Pray today’s prayer. Share your thoughts.

But we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers and sisters, about those who have died, so that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope.
1 Thessalonians 4:13, NRSV

This Week: pray for a willingness to obey the Lord. Submit your prayer to The Upper Room Living Prayer Center or share it in the comment section.

This week we remember: Antoinette Brown Blackwell (November 5).

• Jill November 9, 2017, 3:41 am

Father – thank You for claiming me as Your child. For loving me so certainly, and helping me to grasp that there is nothing that can change Your love for me. Thank You for Your Word and the transformation of Your Spirit. I rest in You.
    Grateful to visit my doctor yesterday – he seems pleased with how my hand has responded. He didn’t seem to have a response for the amount of fatigue I am feeling by the end of the school day – tho he is running several blood tests to see what they show. Grateful for warm sunshine yesterday. Grateful for small group last night and time to close praying in trios. It is so good to pray with others.

• Louise November 9, 2017, 5:49 am

Jill glad to hear that you got a good report from the Dr. I pray that the fatigue lessons. Teaching takes a lot of energy both physical and mental and at the end of the day one is wiped out. I pray that the blood test show something that can be remedied.
    Robert I read your post from yesterday and I am praying that God will wrap his love and comfort around you and help you through this sad time. Offer all your sadness to God…He will comfort you.
    Lou I read your post as well and I am praying that you will find comfort and peace in your life right now. Know that God is with you and whatever you are going through will pass even though it seems like an eternity. God is walking with you…hold on to Him. I pray for all here at UR that you can find peace with God and remember no matter how bad something seems…it is temporary. I pray for all who suffer mentally, physically, and spiritually that they will find healing and peace. God please help me to be the best version of myself today. May the feeling of peace fill all of you.

• robert moeller November 9, 2017, 6:15 am

Thankful for the good news about Jill’s hands, hope there is answer for the fatigue you feel at the end of the school day.
    Thanks for the prayers concerning my sad day. It’s a week and a day away. The positive from that day is that Soo Ok is at peace. Knowing that is a great comfort. I’m a firm believer that one day I will see her again.

My new counselor meeting went well. I’m starting again as he had very little information from my first counselor. In some ways that is good, a fresh start with no preconceptions.

Tough days at work for Erich, a lot of grounds work after the big windstorm, some unpleasant messes to clean up in bathrooms. One more day and he has two days off.

Prayers for all of you based on the posts from yesterday are on their way.

Yes, Lord, thank You for grace, for being with us always, for making us in Your image, and loving us beyond our own capacity to understand. We don’t exist without You.

• Lou November 9, 2017, 7:04 am

This prayer spoke loudly to me today in my fatigue- thanks be to God who answers prayers- and thanks to all who are praying and offered their support –
    Prayers peace and blessings be with all of you today- thankful for the outpouring yesterday –

• Mary Ng Shwu Ling November 9, 2017, 7:45 am

Please pray for my sister’s speedy recovery.

Blessings to all!

• Mary Ng Shwu Ling November 9, 2017, 7:52 am

Yes, Lord, grant us grace this day !

• Julie November 9, 2017, 7:54 am

Thankful for Jill and Robert’s good reports on their health. Prayers for Robert and Lou for their sorrow and stress. I am praying fervently for you both. May all who come here feel the love aand hearthe prayers from the wonderful, warm, loving believers who gather here in His name.
    Thnk you God for claiming me as yours even in my shameful weakness.
    Blssings and love and prayers to all