All Beauties and Wonders

ALL BEAUTIES AND WONDERS, all bright, blue skies,
All honest reflections or questions, “Why?”
Can lead to a sense of the presence of God.

But even mid terror, God’s near as our breath.
In all we can whisper, in life or in death,
“Now into your hands, I commit my spirit.”

Contemplative by Design

From page 10 of Contemplative by Design: Creating Quiet Spaces for Retreats, Workshops, Churches, and Personal Settings by Gerrie L. Grimsely and Jane J. Young. Copyright © 2008 by Gerrie L. Grimsley and Jane J. Young. All rights reserved. Used by permission of Upper Room Books. http://bookstore.upperroom.org/ Learn more about or purchase this book.

Pray today’s prayer. Share your thoughts.

“Then the kingdom of heaven will be like this. Ten bridesmaids took their lamps and went to meet the bridegroom. Five of them were foolish, and five were wise.”
Matthew 25:1-2, NRSV

This Week: pray for a willingness to obey the Lord. Submit your prayer to The Upper Room Living Prayer Center or share it in the comment section.

Today is Veterans Day. We give thanks for the witness and mission of U.S. Military chaplains. Give to The Upper Room Chaplains’ Ministry in honor or in memory of a special veteran in your life. Your gift will invite thousands of military personnel to a daily practice of prayer.

This week we remember: Antoinette Brown Blackwell (November 5).

• Louise November 11, 2017, 3:57 am

I am grateful for all who have served to protect our country. I pray for the families who have lost family members and for the families who are currently missing their family member because they are protecting our country. We are truly blessed to have these brave men and women protecting us. They are mid terror sometimes on a daily basis. I pray that they feel God with them and feel God’s peace. I pray for all here at UR that you find rest and peace. I pray for all who struggle mentally, physically, and spiritually…may they find comfort from God.

• robert moeller November 11, 2017, 4:17 am

Thank you Louise, yes, we owe a lot to veterans. Sadly there have been times when they have been put in harm’s way unnecessarily. Thank you for your prayers for the UR family and all who “struggle mentally, physically, and spiritually…may they find comfort from God.” Amen.

We owe our very life to God with every breath we take. There is so much we don’t understand about life, especially answers to the question, Why? In and with God we put our trust with the sure hope that through it all we will be fine. I know of no other way.

Thankful for the blessings each day brings. Prayers that all of you recognize the blessings the Lord provides. God is with us always, keep the faith. Thank You, Lord.

• Marcy November 11, 2017, 6:44 pm

Thank you, Robert, for your prayers earlier this week. They strengthen my resolve, as things keep changing. I’m also trying different ways to pray. Many things to be grateful for, like everyone in the UR family. Hope you and your family are doing okay. Blessings….

• Mary Ng Shwu Ling November 11, 2017, 4:31 am

Grateful to spend time with my dear sister and niece. Also, grateful for time to learn how to cook healthy meals.

Blessings to all!

• Marcy November 11, 2017, 5:25 pm

Hope you’re having a great time with your sister and your niece, Mary! How’s that healthy cooking coming along? God bless you!

• Mary Ng Shwu Ling November 12, 2017, 5:10 am

Thanks Marcy! We had a great time. We are meeting again this coming saturday to celebrate my dister’s birthday.

The healthy cooking instructor recommended the healthier choice products and very simple steps to cook with less salt and less oil. We learnt to fry olive rice and cook bee hoon soup with chicken breast and vegetables.

May God bless you too!

• Mary Ng Shwu Ling November 12, 2017, 5:12 am

I mean to celebrate my sister’s birthday. Sorry for the typo error.

• Jill November 11, 2017, 4:55 am

Father – Your Presence is tucked deep within. Thank You.
    Now with my sister back in town, she, mom and I will go to a craft festival together today, and do lunch as well. This means a lot to mom. Grateful to not have any school work in my bag for the weekend. A simple gift.

• Julie November 11, 2017, 8:07 am

Thank you to the veterans and their selfless acts that have maintained our freedoms, including the freedom of religion. What a blessing that I pray I never take for granted as there ar so many in the world that still may not freely worship the Lord. I lift up my heartfelt prayers for them. I also ask God to hold our current service members in His loving and protective arms throughout their service. amen
    Blessings for all of the UR faithful

• Marcy November 11, 2017, 1:21 pm

Thank you to all Veterans who served and are still active. My Dad (Army), his cousin and two uncles (Navy), served in WWII, and I took care of Vietnam Vets in healthcare suffering mentally, physical and spiritually. Please, Lord, heal them.

Yes, “Now into Your hands, I commit my spirit.” Lord, please revive my spirit within me, as I hand everything over to You. Thank You for the faith, hope and love you have placed within me, which are gifts from You, Jesus.

The MRI of my brain shows two whitish shadows, not tumors, near the surface of my brain. This is believed to be the cause of the migraines. I’m discovering the medication for them is quite a challenge. I will have to go for MRI’s every six months to monitor the shadows. More tests to come. I have an infectious disease doctors appointment next month and will be undergoing treatment at some point once the insurance “approves”.

Thank you, UR family, for your prayers and I am keeping each of you and your families lifted up in prayer also. Grateful for your acceptance and understanding as I learn to navigate physically alone. Thank you, Robert, Francesca and Mary, for your added encouragement. I’m working at this “new normal”, but am also setting goals. I have an infectious disease doctors appointment next month.

Prayers for obedience…We are listening, God.

Faith, hope and love to all.♡♡♡

• Marcy November 11, 2017, 1:23 pm

Sorry about the repeat. Part of the medicinal challenge. Blessings!

• Mary Ng Shwu Ling November 11, 2017, 5:00 pm

Keeping you in prayer, Marcy!

• Marcy November 11, 2017, 5:22 pm

Thank you and bless you, Mary. Prayers and thoughts are very helpful at present.

• Mary Ng Shwu Ling November 12, 2017, 2:06 am