Uniquely Made

WE’RE ALL WIRED differently, and it isn’t a matter of “one size fits all.” I may hear the Holy more clearly through working with the disadvantaged; you may respond to solitude and silence. One person’s heart may be moved by Handel’s Messiah, another through praise music.

Our formation comes through pain, pleasure, confusion, mistakes. God uses anything and everything to awaken us to our true identity as beloved children of the Divine and is always planting seeds of growth in our individual lives and distinct personalities.

– Linda Douty
Rhythms of Growth

From page 354 of Rhythms of Growth: 365 Meditations to Nurture the Soul by Linda Douty. Copyright © 2014 by Linda Douty. All rights reserved. Used by permission of Upper Room Books. http://bookstore.upperroom.org/ Learn more about or purchase this book.

Where do you see God working with your individuality to help you grow spiritually? Share your thoughts.

Restore us, O God; let your face shine, that we may be saved.

Psalm 80:3, NRSV

This Week: pray for hope. Submit your prayer to The Upper Room Living Prayer Center or share it in the comment section.

Today is Giving Tuesday. Have you been impacted by the ministries of The Upper Room? Consider giving your support and prayers to The Upper Room today.

This week we remember: Dorothy Day (November 29).

• Jill November 28, 2017, 3:25 am

God is working on me constantly – and I am grateful. The month of October was very difficult for me. Sleep was a struggle and for the first time in my independent life, I felt lonely…especially in the wee hours of the night. But – I was able to seek Him in a new way and He revealed Himself in a way that the loneliness did not overwhelm me. These past few weeks as I reflect on my recent journey – I am so strengthened by how He seen me through. And while I am experiencing a respite – I am realistic about this diagnosis. And – He provided support for this leg of the journey and I trust He will continue to be with me, providing assistance in His perfect timing. I rely heavily on Romans 8 and other Scripture He brings to mind.
    Andrea – thank you for acknowledging my little milestone of shuffling. God-willing – there will be a huge milestone this evening. I am going to play tennis this evening with some of my teammates. I didn’t think this would happen until February – that was my goal. But tonight is the night. I am downright giddy…like a kid on Christmas morning.
    Yesterday I got home from school a little bit later than usual. But was able to get out in the sunshine for a walk. Then, made a new recipe…pumpkin cinnamon granola. Then fixed dinner. All of this to say – I had the energy for all of it!! A month ago it seemed I crawled home from school and went straight to my recliner to rest until dinner. Then after dinner, to bed. Just super encouraged and grateful.
    Keeping all of the UR family, your concerns and needs in prayer.

• robert moeller November 28, 2017, 5:13 am

Thankful for the progress Jill has made, tennis later today, card shuffling, lots
    of activity after school. Truly a blessing. God has helped you through a tough time.

God is helping me through this month. The car has snow tires, my dental problems were addressed; food, clothing, and heat (it was 2 this morning and will be 1 tonight) are supplied. I’m able to work on my hobby. Thankful for church where choir, small group, worship, and Bible study are all happening.
    God’s help makes it possible for me to help my son so that he can resolve his situation. Thankfully progress is being made.

Hope is always present, thank You, Lord.

Prayers for each of the UR family members and the issues they make known. Bringing your concerns to God is what God wants us to do even though God knows them already. You are lifted up. God is with you. Thank You, Lord.

• Mary Ng Shwu Ling November 28, 2017, 7:31 am

God is working on my patience with my patents and students. Recently,, my dad has cravings for curry fish head. The timing he wanrs to eat the fish head is 3pm. I was having a fever and resting. He asked me to go and buy the fish head for him. Another time, he wanted roasted duck from a particular stall. Not just any roadted duck.

May God grant me patience!

Thank you God for working on my patience and helping me to grow spiritually!

• Andrea November 28, 2017, 7:50 am

I have certainly experienced that God takes my imperfections and mistakes and works them for good. I am grateful for God’s abiding faithfuness. “Abide with me….”

I am thankful my sleep is getting back on schedule.

Jill, it’s so so exciting that you will play tennis today. I can imagine how happy you are for that.

I pray for hope for all in the UR community.

• Mary Ng Shwu Ling November 28, 2017, 8:04 am

So glad to hear that your sleep is getting back on schedule.

Thanks for praying for us.

Blessings!

• Julie November 28, 2017, 8:03 am

God is helping me to connect with others and improve my dexterity and writing as well as renew my faith in others through my postings on this site. My typing ability has improved and I realize that not everyone will judge me by my hands.
    Bessings and a heartfelt thank you to all who have welcomed me to this communty and prayers for all of your concerns

• Marcy November 28, 2017, 4:23 pm

Thankfully, I don’t have to rely on my own abilities to serve God and “grow spiritually.” I pray He provides ways for me to be useful from home, until He heals my body. I’ve committed myself to God and trust in Him completely, though I have moments of weakness. My faith and hope remain strong, in spite of my emotions. I spend my days with God, learning, ever more learning, praying to Him and communicating daily with fellow believers here in our UR family. Jesus went through temptations, joys, sorrows and challenges; this comforts me and gives me strength. I continue to pray to be inspired and strengthened to become all God plans for me to be.

Jill, I am thrilled for you as you continue to get stronger every day! I can only imagine how excited you are to be playing tennis tonight. Praise God!
    Robert, I’m keeping you in my prayers through this month. So thankful you are supported through church, small group and worshipping our Triune God, and thankful you are able to be such a blessing for Erich. You are a true servant of our Lord and such a good example of such. God bless you!
    Mary, your patience is admirable. You take such good care of your Dad, even with a fever and your work! I’d say you are definitely proceeding well in “growing your spirituality.” I pray you are over the fever and are feeling better.
    Andrea, I too, am grateful for God’s abiding faithfulness. Sleep is so important for our health and mental abilities. I’m thankful your back on schedule. Thank you for your encouraging comments. You are a blessing!
    Julie, how wonderful for God’s loving touch, making so many positive improvements come about. You are so deserving and I am happy for you!

I continue to keep each of you in my prayers daily, through hard times but also joyously happy times, rejoicing in our Lord. Prayers for those grappling with mental, emotional, physical and spiritual issues that healing, comfort and victory is achieved when we overcome, thanks be to God! I am grateful to each of you here in the UR family for your prayers, thoughts and comments. By the grace of God, I pray to be healed soon. He is the center of my life. I don’t know what I’d do without our Lord and Father and the love and support of this blessed family. Thank you, God, for bringing me here.

Praying about Hope, thankful that it is alive and well. We only have to reach out and grasp it. God sent His Son, Jesus Christ, who brings hope with Him, into the world to save our souls, so we can live with Him eternally!

And these three remain: Faith, Hope and Love, and the greatest of these is LOVE!

• robert moeller November 29, 2017, 5:33 am

Thank you Marcy, I keep trying. I echo your prayers for Andrea, Jill, Julie, and Mary. Thankful for all of you and your witness and support.

• Mary Ng Shwu Ling November 30, 2017, 7:51 am

Thanks Marcy and Robert!

Each night as i read your comments, i feel so blessed and loved!

Blessings!