Immeasurable Love

FOR THE DISCIPLE of Christ, it is not too much to claim that love defines everything. Love teaches us who we are. Love receives us when, in humility and repentance, we turn back to the God who loves us with an immeasurable love. Love restores and heals our soul. Love provides our direction, shapes our actions, and establishes our goals in life. God has constructed us in such a way that love, in fact, should characterize all our relationships.

—Paul Wesley Chilcote, A Life-Shaping Prayer: 52 Meditations in the Wesleyan Spirit (Upper Room Books, 2008)

Does love characterize your relationships?  Share your thoughts.

“And now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; and the greatest of these is love.”
—1 Corinthians 13:13 (NRSV)

Prayer for the Week

Holy, holy, holy Lord, God of power and might. Heaven and earth are full of your glory. Submit your prayer to The Upper Room .

Something More

Blue Christmas: Devotions of Light in a Season of Darkness, an Advent devotional book by Todd Outcalt, reminds us that even in our darkest times, God offers us hope and comfort if we are willing to bring our deepest fears into the light of God’s love. Discover more.

Looking for lectionary-based resources? Learn more about The Upper Room Disciplines.

Sponsored by The Upper Room. Copyright © 2019 | PO Box 340004 | Nashville, TN 37203-0004 | USA

• Jill November 8, 2019, 3:38 am

May it be so. Of course, certain relationships – this is obvious. But other relationships – not up to snuff. God has been working in me, showing me how judgmental I can be. With two specific relationships – Father – keep conforming me to Your Son’s image – that my love would be unconditional.
    Snow arrived yesterday – little bits here and there outside my window at school throughout the day. This morning I arise to a dusting on the cars on the street and the yards. It will be a very chilly run this morning – an extra layer for sure.
    Dad seems to be healing from the c-diff, thanks to my sister’s care, some warm Florida sunshine and the antibiotics. I will be going over to his place this weekend and disinfecting the joint. I have been researching it – and it says the germs can remain for up to 5 months on surfaces. Lots of bleach!
    Tennis tonight and Sunday night, only one more weekend after this – then we break until February. I will miss it.

• Julie November 8, 2019, 8:17 am

I also try with all my relationships to found them and base them on love. One is not – with h – which is ironic as this relationship should be founded on love and be a bedrock of love to shine to the world.
    Prayers for Jill and Larry, may Larry continue to improve, may the bleaching be successful and may tennis be satisfying.
    Prayers for Mary, for recovery and release from the hospital soon. May I ask, why you thought my life was in danger since you said you were happy I was still alive?
    Prayers for Robert and his difficult decision may he move forward knowing it was the right decision.
    Prayers for Lou and her children and happy memories.
    Prayers for Andrea and her health issues associated with aging.
    Prayers and thank you UR

• Mary Ng Shwu Ling November 8, 2019, 7:33 pm

Thanks everyone for your prayers!

Yes, I was discharged yesterday!

Yes, if we love God, we should also love people. Praying that God will help us to understand the challenging ones and see things from His perspective. To have compassion and love for them, especially those who are lonely and bitter.

Blessings!

Robert, glad to hear progress on the track laying with railroad. May Erich enjoy and adapt well at his new job!

• Mary Ng Shwu Ling November 9, 2019, 3:03 am

Even my uneventful pregnancy which could have resulted in my death due to blood disorder.

I read the above from your previous post, Julie.

• Robert Moeller November 8, 2019, 11:23 am

Thankful for the progress Jill and Larry are having, wonderful thoughts and memories from Lou and Julie, Mary is getting better after her insect bite, always a blessing to have newcomers, hope Julie has her special new med soon.

There’s a way forward after a set back on Tuesday. Thank you for your prayers and concern.

Track laying starts today with roadbed, the station is 99-9% roofed. It needs caps and trim. The roof end vents and chimney go on after that.

Colder, ice on the deck, frost on the car, and snow on the mountain tops. High 31. It is a beautiful day. Thank You, Lord.

• Natasha Wanderly form USA November 8, 2019, 11:33 pm

After 12years of marriage, me and my husband has been into one quarrel or the other until he finally left me and moved to California to be with another woman. I felt my life was over and my kids thought they would never see their father again. i tried to be strong just for the kids but i could not control the pains that torments my heart, my heart was filled with sorrows and pains because i was really in love with my husband. Every day and night i think of him and always wish he could come back to me, I was really worried and i needed help, so i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Unity can help get ex back fast. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it then he did a Love spell for me. 11hours later, my husband really called me and told me that he miss me and the kids so much, So Amazing!! So that was how he came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and he apologized for his mistake,and for the pain he caused me and the kids. Then from that day,our Marriage was now stronger than how it were before, Thank you dr.unity for bringing back my husband and i recommend dr.unity for anyone who is having troubles in their marriage/relationship.Here’s his contact: Email him at: Unityspelltemple@ gmail. com

• Robert Moeller November 11, 2019, 1:49 am

That is wonderful news. I am very glad to read that positive story. God be with you, your husband, and children.